PDA

View Full Version : soft spring

ryan 83
09-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Can someone explain to me why my torque or torsion spring what ever you may call it is getting soft(weak) after about 15-20 minutes of riding or about 10 300 ft. practice runs? I have went through 3 in the last 2 weeks in only about an hour of riding time. Of course you can still ride but for drag racing we are getting about 5-6 great launches and then it starts fading off again. Have changed many different combinations now I have a drr rear clutch assembly suppose to be lighter than stock that has been drilled. Didnt really notice any change. Any help would be appreciated.

Keith

svtctr
09-24-2010, 06:41 AM
you should get ahold of spring manufacturers and they will more then likely get you the right spring, im more into my drift car and not so much im ATV i just have it as a pit bike. but look into the ATV spring companys they may not have one for your bike but if you give them the deminsions and you spring rate wheather you want progressive or linear and what weight, or just double them up

mmsoup
10-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Try moving your variator weights down about 1/4 to 1/2 gram each after the initial runs. The springs kind of take a set and you can get the same performance as the initial few runs by lightening the rollers a bit.