PDA

View Full Version : MX or XC shock for agressive riding?

lil'redrocket
02-06-2003, 12:14 PM
I'm wanting to get some works tripple rates for my 400. I mostly trail ride but do some jumping getting about 6 ft. of air. Do I need to get the ones valved for XC or MX? I don't want them to bottom when I jump. But dont want them to be too stiff either. I weigh 150lbs.

YZROOSTINYA
02-06-2003, 12:15 PM
i got xc elkas, the mx were too stiff for the trails IMO, well see how they do when they come in

02-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Tell them you do both and want them setup 50/50,,that's what i did with my front elka's...

Extremeracer167
02-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Alot of ppl go wrong by wanting shocks that NEVER bottom. U want your shocks to bottom out. Not everytime u hit a bump, but u DO want them to bottom occasionally, so that way u know u are using ALL of your travel. If u do mostly trail riding, and only a little bnit of jumping, ide get them setup for XC. They set the MX guys up pretty stiff, and it would make the ride very unpleasent. So as long as your not launching 10-15 ft in the air, XC should be good for ya. Mine are valved for XC, and i can run the local MX track without major bottoming.