PDA

View Full Version : Maier Rear Plastic HELP!

Chanman420q
02-06-2003, 10:58 AM
I got the rear maier plastic and when i go to put it on the seat sits too high for the latch so its mad hard to clip the seat down, has anyone had this problem before?? Its really getting anoughing and i need a solution. Any Feed back would be nice :blah

Extremeracer167
02-06-2003, 11:52 AM
heres the best thing i found to do. First u need to make sure the plastic is in good shape. Then get yourself a plane ticket, fly back and stick it up Maiers pooper:D

Actually i just got my maier blue plastic with black sidepanels, and i think they are awesome lookin, but im worried what im gonna think of them when i try to put them on, lol

jmoney45
02-06-2003, 02:09 PM
I had that exact same problem. What I did was I took the bolt and latch off of the gas tank and went to home depot to buy a longer bolt and some thick washers. I put three of these thick washers on the new bolt and put it back in. This made the latch sit up about 1/4 of an inch and its just high enough to now catch the seat. Should work out for ya.

Chanman420q
02-06-2003, 02:37 PM
thanx for the info, can you tell me what size bolt you bought?

jmoney45
02-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Honestly I can't remember. I took the bolt with me and lined up the threads and bought one that was about 1/2 inch longer. I then bought some big (around), thick washers. This gave me the extra height needed. Let me know how you make out.

ChadEXer
02-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Thats weird! My Maier plastic fits perfect???