PDA

View Full Version : Injector Pump - Removal

represent618
09-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I know this topic has to be beat to death - Sorry!

My question: if i remove the pump, do I just pull the pump out the top of the case then remove the plastic "gear", and re-insert the pump to fill the hole?

Thanks, daughter wants to race her first TT race and I gotta squeeze a couple more revs!!!

airmobile101
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
You heading over to Belleville?

hawaiianbasshed
09-09-2010, 01:44 AM
squeeze more revs LOL. that sounds almost like some of my posts after going back and re-reading the things I say... well, ok, not as bad as alot of what I say :D

you can pull the *gear* and plug the hoses and call it good I'm pretty sure. the gear operates the pump. so no gear no pumping. plug the lines and no dirt and other stuff will get in thru your new air lines :)

more revs = less rotating mass of the little gear and any pressure due to pumping of oil? I'm fairly sure you'll get better gains jetting the bike lol.

the LT80s I believe are too rich from the factory probably on oil/fuel as well as fuel/air I believe. I'm pretty certain fuel/air. oil I'm just kinda going out on a limb. if you drop jet size I think you'll get better bottom end :) I think all of their bikes are like that so even if it's a 50 it could probably use premix and jetting :)

does it have a 428 pitch chain/gear setup? if not I'd also try to get that before the race :) 520 is too heavy imo for such a small motor and is just more drag. spacers so the bike is wider may help (faster turns possibly when pushed)

got a quick rundown of the bike? model, any aftermarket parts ect :D

seeing as it's TT you're probably already dropped and widened? but then again for me I assume most bikes raced on are souped up lol.

my buddies son rides a LT50 or kfx50 and he actually bought it with some little modded dirtbike pipe/silencer and didn't like it so put on a DG or something and lost quite a bit of power... maybe get a nice pipe setup?