PDA

View Full Version : Header glowing after ATP head/13:1 Install

Jim417mx
09-08-2010, 06:49 AM
A lot of people were telling me I dont need a tuner, then some people were telling me I do need a tuner. I just installed a 13:1 CP piston, ATP ported head, web cam, and +1mm valves. My bike starts and revs fine, but when I ride it you can tell its lean as heck, it cuts out after quarter throttle and shoots flames and then the header starts glowing red within 2 minutes. Is this the sign of having to buy a tuner/programmer?

honda250xrider
09-08-2010, 07:03 AM
yes you need a tuner.

On my ltr i needed a tuner after i installed a pipe and intake. I can only imagine how lean yours is running right now. Get a tuner on there asap.

I think power commander has downloads available that would get you pretty close to what you need.

Jim417mx
09-09-2010, 08:38 PM
I had my buddy bring me a used pc3 from 3 hours away to the track today. Are these things supose to just plug into the stock harness without splicing wires? He gave me his wiring harness too and he had like 3 wires spliced into his harness from the pc3. I hooked everything up and have no spark. I think I'm just going to buy a new pc3.. will it be plug and go?

Danny Ray
09-12-2010, 06:48 AM
yes they plug in to your injector

and splice in to your tps wire

Jim417mx
09-13-2010, 08:54 AM
He had this pc3 spliced into the white wire coming out of the coil, the yellow tps wire, and the black tps wire.

On the PC3 , I have the injector plugs, a grey wire which goes to the yellow tps, the black ground, and another black wire. Should I splice the extra black wire into the white injector and black tps? I have searched and there is nothing about this extra black wire coming from the pc3..

panici33
09-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Buy the PC5 with autotune

honda250xman
09-13-2010, 01:34 PM
the black wire might be your ground, or to your battery to actually power the pc3. i have no idea being that i don't have one but it might help.

Jim417mx
09-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Well there is a ground wire, but there is also another small black wire, and it it not on the pc3 instructions. I'm just going to keep messing with it unless somebody knows where this goes. And should the pc3 light up? with the key on or running?