PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins or stock shocks

Dune Surfer
02-06-2003, 09:58 AM
I can buy non adjustable Ohlins for cheap. Would the be any better than stock 400ex shocks?

nutcase
02-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Yes, The only question is what weight rider are they set up for?

If the poundage is way off you may want to send them in and have them adjusted to your weight, but it shouldn't cost to much.

Is it all three??????????????????????????

Chanman420q
02-06-2003, 11:01 AM
anything with 2-3 springs on the shock is gunna be better than stock... Someone should make a quadtruble rate shock, wouldnt that be a dooze

raptor_02
02-06-2003, 11:34 AM
ELKA does make quadruple rate shocks :D

forum
02-06-2003, 12:10 PM
it doesn't matter how many springs a shock has. well it does but thats not how you tell if its good. Axis 400ex shock dual adjust is a single rate. don't try and tell me the works dual rate is better just cause its got more springs. in some conditions dual rate is better. like cross country. dual rate is better then tripple. elka's quadrate shock is only availible in long travel. pep's zps also has 4 springs just like the elkas. But to answer you question yes! the fronts will definatley be better as long as the shocks are setup within 50 pounds or less of you. the closer the better. the rear should still be better but it matters alot more if its set up to the right weight.

toby400ex
02-06-2003, 04:10 PM
do the ohlins from the c-dales fit on a 400ex, i was thinking maybe i could get some used ones from them if i could find some on ebay or somethin.

Chanman420q
02-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
do the ohlins from the c-dales fit on a 400ex, i was thinking maybe i could get some used ones from them if i could find some on ebay or somethin.

i do believe they will mount up.. but ur qaud will sit a little lower... or maybe its high... all i know id they do fit, they just effect the hight