PDA

View Full Version : Can you bypass Key Start for 04Polaris Pred 500 ?

polaris04predtl
09-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Can you bypass Key Start for 04Polaris Pred 500 ?

Well I lost my ignition key recently for my 04 Polaris Pred500. Dumb thing... don't ask how I'm leaning towards NOT buying a new ignition assembly. And moving my neutral light /oil light indicators, and primer pump that are currently mid-handlebar cluster to instead onto nearby body plastic. I'd run machine without a key. Just starting it with clutch in, and push of electric start button...no key needed.

I do have a Pro Armor Tether on the machine too.

Anyone done the moving of above parts as I described, and what do I have to watch out for?

My machine always starts right away and runs like a champ. Never had any problems.

I've wanted to move the instrument cluster anyway so I can put on a possible bar riser or just get different handlebars someday. So this may be a good time to do it now.

Please let me know soon as I want to get this done between 9/3/10-9/8/10. I appreciate all input. Feel free to include details/problems you've seen. I do want to re-sell this machine in the next 1-3 years and I hoping to not effect the re-sale price much. I mostly ride XC/Trails and occassional MX. I've done a few races here and there.

ride red 14
09-10-2010, 12:28 PM
ye syou can do it. the plug for the factory key switch has 4 wires to it. 2 are for starting 2 go to the factory tether plug. it has been awhile since i have done mine but the 2 tether wires are the same color if i remember right. the other 2 get crossed and you are done with the key. hope this helps.

as for the cluster just unhook the wires from the lights and remove. i ran my choke back underneath the seat. or you can put on the outlaw choke which does away with the cable altogether.