PDA

View Full Version : pep or fox

swifty
09-06-2010, 10:20 PM
hey i have a question for you i am trying to sell my ltr 450 (devin heimes race bike ) the bike has pep pb1 and a pep rear set up for walsh flows and a walsh savior rear end with savior linkage i have been kicking around the idea of trading the peps for a new set of gen 2 fox floats with a new rear podium that belong to a member here. do you guys think that switching the shocks would lower the price of the bike since the peps are more expensive than the floats. im leaning towards trading for the fox but before i so just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think.thanks for looking,Jim

Jim417mx
09-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I dont think you will have a problem at all... people like fox just because of the brand name, dont get me wrong they are both awesome shocks, but honestly I think you will get the $ you want with the fox shocks just because of the name. I myself would much rather have peps, I live an hour from SF and know him personally, I would love to have his shocks but just cant afford them.... but most people do prefer fox's on suzukis because thats what over 75% of people run.

the4billa
09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
I have rode pep before on a suzuki,while they are good shocks they also are over rated ond over priced nothing rides bettrer then a walsh flow fox shock set up nothing.I would say 90% of the racer's run them not because there cheaper then pep because a works shock and motowoz are cheap too and no one runs them things,its because the r&d and marketing fox put's into there product is great and racers have proven it so i would give it a shot and go for the fox more people would prefer them i would say just my input

swifty
09-07-2010, 04:45 PM
thanks guys im gonna trade

MX450
09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I dont think it is your shocks that are the problem its the price of the bike, dont get me wrong it deff worth it, VERY nice ride, but most people espcially on here dont have that kind of money.

your just trading one top of the line shock for the other, if i had the money i would buy it with either set

swifty
09-08-2010, 10:35 PM
yeah i see what your saying but all of us have done this in the past we buy a brand new bike for 6-8 grand adn by the time we put just the basics on it pipe,beadlocks,bars,nerfs,bumpers, just to make it legal to race at a sanctioned event your pretty close to what im asking (10,000)i was just putting it out there for that price so if someone just starting out in a class or even pro am that they wouldnt have to start over with finding a clean bike and building it. and i understand times are tuff and what im asking might be high to some if not all the members on this site but i have way more than that into it and i just cant give it away. hope you guys understand.thanks,Jim

mildtowildracin
09-09-2010, 07:53 PM
devins bike is sick, and it works amazing. iv seen him on it and watched the bike perform at races and that bike is worth every penny, there's no way you could build one for that price

swifty
09-09-2010, 10:42 PM
thanks alot