PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Brute Force over heated

camobrute2009
09-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I recently acquired a 2009 Brute Force 750. It is kind of a long story but the short end of the story is that the BF had been over heated because a coolant line came off and the guy continued to ride it so he could get home. Not good or wise I know. As a result he said the rings were burned out of it and it did not have any high end power. It sat for probably 10 months and when I bought it I could not get it to run but it would turn over slowly. The oil has a very strong gas smell to it. I have proceded to tear the engine down and have stopped after removing the rocker covers. I can clearly see that the cam bearings are galled. Does this mean I have to replace both cylinder heads and rocker covers or does any one know if they can turn the bearing surface and either make a cam to match or insert a two piece bearing? I realize I am probably going to have to machine the head flat. I am real curious what the cylinders look like. I am starting to think my bargain of a purchase is not such a bargain.

Thanks for any help.

camobrute2009
09-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I forgot to mention a few other things. It has 40 hrs on it and 207 miles. Could the bottom end of the engine be damaged also. I figure it would just be the top since that is where the most amount of heat is. I know once I get it back together it will be a real nice machine.

Thanks again.