PDA

View Full Version : possibly hanging up the helmet

250x_kyle
09-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I have a feeling my quad days are over for a few years. thinking about switching to 600cc mini sprint dirt track racing. it is just going to be cheaper to haul 5 mins instead of over an hour.

ohsobad_chevy
09-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Gay!

250x_kyle
09-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
Gay!

i have a dirt track real close to my house as to where the nearest mx track is over an hour drive. just seems like a better choice.

jcs003
09-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
i have a dirt track real close to my house as to where the nearest mx track is over an hour drive. just seems like a better choice.

are you by learnerville? there is a tarck up there north of my location.

250x_kyle
09-07-2010, 08:27 AM
im farther up north closer to sportsmans tri city sharon and mercer.

300racer
09-07-2010, 10:30 AM
i understand what you are saying. but i used to race 600cc mini sprints and even tho the tracks are closer they are alot more money. a built motor cost more than a built atv and then a good used roller is 5-8000. but if you run a stock motor with a little older car just to have fun it is a real fun time you will like it. PA has alot of really fast car's over there and seems like they have good turnouts for the race's also. the price is the reason i switch to atv racing but still enjoy going and watching the cars. what type of car are you looking to buy? i like the look of the new hypers. you get one post up some pics i love looking at race cars lol.

fastredrider44
09-07-2010, 12:09 PM
There's no cheap form of auto racing, period. And for the record, you won't be hanging up the helmet, just wearing a different kind of helmet. Be sure to wear ear plugs inside your helmet though, no joke.

mxduner
09-07-2010, 12:27 PM
he will be back within 2-3 years:devil:

good luck in your new endeavors.

Scro
09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I've been to watch one of the local dirt tracks a couple of times. I got bored with it after the 4th caution in 6 laps of racing. Maybe it was just the average joes that threw a roll cage into old Buick that caused the one-car spinouts, but I still lost interest. I'm sure it would be fun to race as long as the other drivers knew what they were doing. Good luck with your decision.

250x_kyle
09-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
i understand what you are saying. but i used to race 600cc mini sprints and even tho the tracks are closer they are alot more money. a built motor cost more than a built atv and then a good used roller is 5-8000. but if you run a stock motor with a little older car just to have fun it is a real fun time you will like it. PA has alot of really fast car's over there and seems like they have good turnouts for the race's also. the price is the reason i switch to atv racing but still enjoy going and watching the cars. what type of car are you looking to buy? i like the look of the new hypers. you get one post up some pics i love looking at race cars lol.

oh i understand fully. i work on two moddifieds alot and do have some seat time in one. im looking into mini sprints. i have some hook ups with parts due to my friends family knows people from being into racing for years. it is up in the air right now. i will be back on an atv in a few years. im not so much sure as its the cost back in fourth but all of my friends have quit ridding due to working and school. in a few more years i will be able to do more traveling and have more money to spend.

its up in the air is basically what im getting at. i know stuffs going to break and i know stuff is expensive. im just lossing intrest in the atv world and need to take a break.

mxduner i am certain i will be back in few years just need a change of pace.

Dustin it all depends on the trac condition and who you are running with.

Ruby Soho
09-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
There's no cheap form of auto racing, period. And for the record, you won't be hanging up the helmet, just wearing a different kind of helmet. Be sure to wear ear plugs inside your helmet though, no joke.

pitbikes if you can refrain from putting money into it

beastlywarrior
09-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho

hahaha i struggled with that for awhile but no i think i finally reached that stage but my warrior on the other hand, that was supposed to be my cheap quad wtf:huh

mxduner
09-08-2010, 02:25 AM
oh i understand fully. i work on two moddifieds alot and do have some seat time in one. im looking into mini sprints. i have some hook ups with parts due to my friends family knows people from being into racing for years. it is up in the air right now. i will be back on an atv in a few years. im not so much sure as its the cost back in fourth but all of my friends have quit ridding due to working and school. in a few more years i will be able to do more traveling and have more money to spend.

its up in the air is basically what im getting at. i know stuffs going to break and i know stuff is expensive. im just lossing intrest in the atv world and need to take a break.

mxduner i am certain i will be back in few years just need a change of pace.

Dustin it all depends on the trac condition and who you are running with. I wasn't hacking you or doubting you 1 bit. Trust me i know how far it is to travel from 1 track to the next. And i feel i know what you are going thru.

The local dirt track is 10 minutes from my house, they run every friday. they start hot laps at 6, racing at 7, done at around 11.

Meanwhile i travel on average 2 hours 1 way, sit around to wait for my next moto, lucky to be home by 5pm sunday... that is on a good weekend.

250x_kyle
09-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho

i cant refrain from putting money into anything.

300racer
09-08-2010, 10:12 PM
microracing.com has alot of nice cars for sale and alot of them in the pa area. micro's is alot of fun. and in pa it seems like they get alot of them weekly. and now that i think of it besides paying for the car and up keep it really isn't to much more cause you don't have to spend so much in gas. good luck. if you ever come to il to race a powr I race or somthing send me a pm. i'm usually at most of the closer races around here.

dehner47
09-09-2010, 09:35 AM
i cant refrain from putting money into anything.

im right there with ya. cant have anyhting stock and cant keep anyhting the sameway as i bought it. its a sickness i tell ya. i need to go to "modifiers annonumis" (sp)