PDA

View Full Version : to whomever protested my engine

91gtig60
09-06-2010, 04:30 PM
to whomever protested my engine, i am running a custom klx110 cylinder bored .50 over hi-comp piston, ported head and race cam. on the pitster lower end. so next time you want to know, then be a man and come ask me.

Ride1Rob
09-06-2010, 05:58 PM
For some reason we just don't get much love man. Realistically the person that protested you probably doesn't visit this site. Give some details on what happened.

91gtig60
09-06-2010, 08:14 PM
pmed

91gtig60
09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
rob come to find out the guy that is protesting is running a drr with a 90cc kit and a stroker crank. so he is illegal!

mydirtkids
09-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Look, we all really like Zach, he is a super kid and a wonderful sport. There is nothing here but the rules, and we did not make them.

My motor illegal? No, actually it is a Malossi Big Bore .50mm with a 2fast 44mm crank, stage6 pvl, stage6 clutch, Malossi overange, pcs pipe, Haggerty intake, vforce cage...and a kids first season riding EVER with a big heart. That shows at the track.. he won outrite the last three races from start to finish. Unfortunately dad made some oops and did not get him seat time did not help him much on the very first race that he took 4th. Not bad with ZERO seat time on the major major mods.. and one tank of gas for break in. Is he the best rider out there? No. Not bad though for his experience!! Key is he is having fun.

As far as the motor, Math is pretty simple. .50x.50x44x.7854= 86.4cc :D Heck, would have been ALOT cheaper to break the rules and punch the stupid thing to a 105.

Purchased the motor thur Mark at hotquads. Just bought extra set of gaskets in case you want to look like a fool and protest for revenge (thats up to you even though I told them they did not have to tear your motor down cause you admitted to what you had). I got gaskets ready, mine takes approximately 20 min. to take apart and re-assemble. How long does your 4-stroke take to break down? As far as my builder... John at JSR. Both people mentioned are HIGHLY reputable in the business (if you race around here, you know the guys). Happy to give you the dyno results too! Feel free to ask me or them all the questions you want about the motor.

Really, we doubted your bike was just 117. Without breaking your motor down, your own admission was enough (even the 117 was not legal). Don't act surprised, you are no rookie at this and you know the rules. Atleast you were honest about what you were running, that takes a man to do. I know there are people out there that would not. I have seen a few stupid scenarios down at TQRA. I refuse to put my kid in that situation EVER.

I almost bought a third hand Pitster 150 with a 125 from a friend in Iowa. If he still has it this fall I will still buy it. We will run it in super-mini where it belongs. If not that pitster, then the Yamaha 125 that is coming out.

As far as the protest, you can point fingers where ever you like, just don't forget to look in the mirror.

The worst part is, all the kids in the class know your bike (by your own admission) was not legal. When my son asked about it, I had to explain to my son that no matter what others choose to do, we will follow the rules. Unfortunately, it is just going to take a truck load of money to do it. You evidently had the same option. As far as nationals, they would not let you ride in mini either.

We are likely not going to win the overall points this year (and don't expect my kid to either). The other kids involved (including the kid that won nationals at moberly) are losing points places because you are in the wrong class. Trust me, I have at least $16,000 in our bike, and the others may have more invested to stay true to the class. I think your pitster inspired a couple of them to pony up the cash to catch up. It did me.

Dont know if you realize (or care), but there are two parents that I personally talked to that gave up this year because you had the pitster out there. That is just hurting the entire class in #'s, and I am pleased the Officials did the right thing.

I don't wish ill things against you or your team, just stood up for what I believe is right. What kind of example would I leave my kid if I did anything else.

mydirtkids
09-07-2010, 07:41 PM
rob come to find out the guy that is protesting is running a drr with a 90cc kit and a stroker crank. so he is illegal!

so next time you want to know, then be a man and come ask me.

All you have to do is ask!! Please explain "come to find out"

Ride1Rob
09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
So what are the rules on the class? He said up top he was running a 110. You're saying he's running a 117...:ermm:

mydirtkids
09-07-2010, 07:57 PM
From what the track ref and officials told me, they were aware of the 117 from the beginning. They told him that it would not hold up to a protest from the beginning. I started to hear nothing but complaints from the other parents, so I looked into the Pitster. I have an opportunity to buy one myself, but won't make the same mistake.

Evindently after one parent complained to an official (not protest) he caught on and started to list the bike as a 110. His first three mx races were listed by him as a 117 and a couple sx races. Once they started to get heat that changed.

Other parents evidently approached him as well about the 117, which the 110 story never came up. Just my side of course, and the officials did DQ the points.

mydirtkids
09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Rules are pretty simple, 90 2-stroke, 110 4-stroke. His bike was deemed illegal to the class

Ride1Rob
09-07-2010, 08:01 PM
If the officials knew the bike was a 117 from the start and let him race that's not his fault. Maybe he could have corrected the problem in case something came up but if they knew about it and dq'd their points once someone complained if I were him I'd ask for every race fee back that they took. They allowed him to race knowing he was not within their own rules.

mydirtkids
09-07-2010, 08:17 PM
From what I was told he was informed if he was winning on a bigger bike, he could be forced to super-mini and could not take points with him. They told me the exact same thing when I asked about my son running the pitster. Pretty clear on the choice made here.

mydirtkids
09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
The very first race in the series, my sons first race ever, we were puzzled when the pitster lined up. I clearly remember the officials trying to move him to super-mini then. Thats also when he still had the 150R sticker on it. I guess thats when he started saying it was only a 117. Of course, a sticker was quickly placed over the 150R...

Ride1Rob
09-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Just seems unusual that they allowed him to race knowing he was in the wrong class. I guess he was also competing for wins and they still did nothing until someone brought it up. I would think they are the ones at fault for allowing it to happen. :( Your rules are different from the norm though as most tracks allow 90cc 2 strokes and 125cc 4 strokes. From the vids that I've seen of Zach riding he gets blown away off the gate and his riding brings him through the pack. That has nothing to do with cc's. Just my .02

91gtig60
09-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by mydirtkids

All you have to do is ask!! Please explain "come to find out" what come to find out means is one of your friends looked me up and called me to tell me that what you are doing is chicken shiit and was not backing it and that your crank is stroked more than you say. my cylinder says 110 and as far as being over, i am .50 because of a new piston due to dirt getting into the air cleaner. if that makes me not in mini class in your eyes then sorry. and in moberly we had to run 90mod because of our having gears and a clutch. but we will do some tear downs, cause for 25.00, why not find out???? so now we need tech?? if you just would have come ask me i would show you where it is casted or stamped 110cm3, and then we could have disscused this then all you wanted and saved alot of typing. i have talked to all the other parents who we have been racing with for years and they all say they have seen each one of there sons beat zach at any given time. so they are not worried about whats in my engine! but, its all good, you better beleive i will be in spec, whatever that is and still run the same by the next race. last year i ran a gpx 140 in a extreme and not one complaint, which i might add was way faster, just less suspension. this should be a 125 fourstroke class anyway. who makes 110cc? next you will want me to put back on the mini atv rear tires? i can see you have a problem with the pitster being a mini, so i am done replying to you. pm me and i will give you my number in case you need to say more.

mydirtkids
09-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Bring the $25 bucks then, not a problem. Funny how everyone has something different to say when they are not staring in your eyes. I did try to find you after the race. I was with the official and you guys left. Didn't make the rules, just stick to them. Look, I really do not care what they think or say. Just gonna race. BTW, the bike has been down for 3 weeks building it. I have only talked to one person about what we put in it, and you are free to search this forum. I have it posted all over the place what I have done. Unlike you, I did not go back in a hurry and delete all my posts. I have absolutely nothing to hide. Matter of face I am quite proud how the bike turned out :D

mydirtkids
09-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Absolutely rob, Zach does a great job out there. Just tired of all the kids and parents bicchin about the pitster and the class rules. Sure this drama sucks... would I do anything different? Nope, maybe lobby to change the cc rules next year if thats the deal. My question is if the rules are clearly stated, why not try to change them if you dont like it. If you are aware of them, don't follow them, then dont complain when someone holds you to them.. What would happen latter down the road? Mad cause you violated a rule everyone else follows. Yeah it sucks that Zach lost his points. This stuff is not cheap, we made sure we stuck to the rules. NHRA, NASCAR heck go to watch the carts or baseball or any sport... We are not even in the lead, just took a stand.

Not out to get anyone.

Ride1Rob
09-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Absolutely rob, Zach does a great job out there. Just tired of all the kids and parents bicchin about the pitster and the class rules. Sure this drama sucks... would I do anything different? Nope, maybe lobby to change the cc rules next year if thats the deal. My question is if the rules are clearly stated, why not try to change them if you dont like it. If you are aware of them, don't follow them, then dont complain when someone holds you to them.. What would happen latter down the road? Mad cause you violated a rule everyone else follows. Yeah it sucks that Zach lost his points. This stuff is not cheap, we made sure we stuck to the rules. NHRA, NASCAR heck go to watch the carts or baseball or any sport... We are not even in the lead, just took a stand.

Not out to get anyone.

;) I completely agree! I'm not saying you're the bad guy. Just saying the track should have saw this coming.

We were in a similar situation a month ago. We've been racing at this track for almost a year now and we run mod class. Jam started out almost getting lapped and he made improvements every race and I've been doing different things with his motor to make it more competitive. Him almost getting lapped turned into half a lap behind, then 15-20 secs behind, and this last race he lead for 3 laps until he made a couple mistakes. I had NEVER seen him ride so aggressive. After the race there was another parent questioning our bike in the class. We've only been racing in that class since Nov of last year :rolleyes: . He was going around to different parents at the track complaining and the word got back to me from a few of the parents. This same parent had told me on 3 occassions, "You need to sale that thing and get him one of these (Drr) because he'll never win on it." On one of those occassions Jam was sitting right there on his bike getting ready to race. Jam overheard one of the parents telling me what he was doing and Jam saw him while playing with other kids and said something to him about it. This sent the guy up to my trailer and we talked about it. He said out of his own mouth Jam was never an issue because he was always getting left behind and that's why he had no issue with it then. People are amazing lol. It's great that when they guy went to the head tech he stood behind us 100% :muscle: .

nordic quad
09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
All i have to say is 90cc Mallossi bigbore/2 Fast VS 110cc 4 stroke is not even close to being fair.

Stein A

mydirtkids
09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
the real issue talking to the other parents was not only the points and cc, but the pitster itself. It is almost as big as the 250. There have been a few bumps out there and we ALL think it is because it is too big of a bike for the rider. We have a kid out there on a 50, they run both classes together. I do not feel comfortable with that one bit. Every time they lap him is a nail biter cause the big kids are catching some serious air.

My daughter (6) wants to race too. I will not put her on the track with them either. What is wrong with the pitster in the super-mini class anyway? The bike will be competitive with some mods, and is better suited for the less experienced, younger/lighter rider that can't handle a 250 yet. I am sure thats why the officials chose not to up the cc class in anticipation of the 150's and 125's. Now if I want to move my kid up to compete in super-mini on the 90 2-stroke then that is a decision I can make based on my kids ability.

Sorry, I don't think the pitster should be in the mini class. Period. My .02.

91gtig60
09-08-2010, 03:29 PM
nordic you are right, you should see his sons new motor it was all that little guy could do to hang on, if he would have made one mistake, which he didnt, he ran a almost perfect moto. then too much power would have gotten terrin hurt. he was way faster than the pitster on the straight. it is way faster than the other 2-strokes??? which are also built??
Originally posted by nordic quad
All i have to say is 90cc Mallossi bigbore/2 Fast VS 110cc 4 stroke is not even close to being fair.

Stein A

91gtig60
09-08-2010, 03:46 PM
i too am worried everytime they pass bryce. as far as the size of the pp we have been through this on this forum many times and there is almost no difference in dimensions just seat height. you other minis can run a full size rear tire too. all the parents i talk to tell me that you are the only one cry'n. plus every chance you get you and gillbert run your "true" mini's in super mini. what is the difference rather i run in mini or you run with me in super mini? its still the same kids on the same bikes. anyway i got a new cylinder being shipped that is not bored over and they are sending documentation also, i will also take pics of my cylinder being mesured. jus my .02
the real issue talking to the other parents was not only the points and cc, but the pitster itself. It is almost as big as the 250. There have been a few bumps out there and we ALL think it is because it is too big of a bike for the rider. We have a kid out there on a 50, they run both classes together. I do not feel comfortable with that one bit. Every time they lap him is a nail biter cause the big kids are catching some serious air.

My daughter (6) wants to race too. I will not put her on the track with them either. What is wrong with the pitster in the super-mini class anyway? The bike will be competitive with some mods, and is better suited for the less experienced, younger/lighter rider that can't handle a 250 yet. I am sure thats why the officials chose not to up the cc class in anticipation of the 150's and 125's. Now if I want to move my kid up to compete in super-mini on the 90 2-stroke then that is a decision I can make based on my kids ability.

Sorry, I don't think the pitster should be in the mini class. Period. My .02.

Ride1Rob
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Wow! I guess I read right over that. A mellosi/2Fast kit against a 110cc thumper :eek2: . If I have to say so myself that's being somewhat hypocritical. I run our built thumper against melossi's and 2fast kits and we're 150cc and catch all the hell we can get. We have alil more bottem end grunt but those things haul the mail. As for the Pitster being too big the bike is lighter than the Drr/Apex it's only taller.

mydirtkids
09-08-2010, 06:54 PM
My DRR weighs 221 lbs with full gusset, LT suspension and about who knows how much extra in all the weld thanks to the 8 times he has cracked the frame (bike is almost down to frame now thanks to 3 new ones). Pretty light when you get all the factory junk off! I knew I should have bought a cobra, but cant run shifter in mini.

Until the last race the motor was bone stock other than PCS pipe and stage6 clutch (no porting or anything).

greenmachine70
09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
WHat a joke, a guy running a multi thousand dollar 2stroke that should outrun any 125-150 4stroke protesting a guy with a 110cc 4stroke, even if it were a 117cc 4stroke, your motor tuned properly should be 1/2 track in front of that 117.
Even worse is the rule of 90 2stroke / 110 4stroke.
Are people showing up with those little chineses $375 ebay quads....LOL
As for size of quad, all the DRR's & APexs' are the same exact size in 50-70-90-100 cc versions. So to say a kid on a 50 is in danger, it is not because of the size of the quad it is the rider and power of the engine. No track should run 50's in the 90 class, that is stupid and asking for a wreck. My kid is clearing big doubles on our 100, I would be afraid for him to be hitting those jumps with slower 50's on the track.
Our track wouldnt allow something so rediculous.
At teh end of the day, rules are rules.
And 4strokes dont get no love......:D

91gtig60
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
x2 i see you feel my pain. his recent build cost as much as my fxr. and is way faster and he is cryn. not to mention greenmachine, my son has had 5 open heart surgery's and has a pacemaker, and raced the last three races with a cast on his leg and a pillow on the nerf bar. i guess the pitster with 18x10x8 tires on it, and a .50 over bored cylinder is to big to be a mini??? even though it has most of the same dimensions. the worst thing is he thinks we are a super mini, but then runs his son in super mini with the same machine they run in mini.... i ask you greenmachine, what is the difference then. childish stuff man, thats all! i will have it right by the next race though, top end being shipped as we speak!
Originally posted by greenmachine70
WHat a joke, a guy running a multi thousand dollar 2stroke that should outrun any 125-150 4stroke protesting a guy with a 110cc 4stroke, even if it were a 117cc 4stroke, your motor tuned properly should be 1/2 track in front of that 117.
Even worse is the rule of 90 2stroke / 110 4stroke.
Are people showing up with those little chineses $375 ebay quads....LOL
As for size of quad, all the DRR's & APexs' are the same exact size in 50-70-90-100 cc versions. So to say a kid on a 50 is in danger, it is not because of the size of the quad it is the rider and power of the engine. No track should run 50's in the 90 class, that is stupid and asking for a wreck. My kid is clearing big doubles on our 100, I would be afraid for him to be hitting those jumps with slower 50's on the track.
Our track wouldnt allow something so rediculous.
At teh end of the day, rules are rules.
And 4strokes dont get no love......:D

ozborn1
09-10-2010, 05:10 AM
Look, we all really like Zach, he is a super kid and a wonderful sport. There is nothing here but the rules, and we did not make them.

My motor illegal? No, actually it is a Malossi Big Bore .50mm with a 2fast 44mm crank, stage6 pvl, stage6 clutch, Malossi overange, pcs pipe, Haggerty intake, vforce cage...and a kids first season riding EVER with a big heart. That shows at the track.. he won outrite the last three races from start to finish. Unfortunately dad made some oops and did not get him seat time did not help him much on the very first race that he took 4th. Not bad with ZERO seat time on the major major mods.. and one tank of gas for break in. Is he the best rider out there? No. Not bad though for his experience!! Key is he is having fun.

As far as the motor, Math is pretty simple. .50x.50x44x.7854= 86.4cc :D Heck, would have been ALOT cheaper to break the rules and punch the stupid thing to a 105.

Purchased the motor thur Mark at hotquads. Just bought extra set of gaskets in case you want to look like a fool and protest for revenge (thats up to you even though I told them they did not have to tear your motor down cause you admitted to what you had). I got gaskets ready, mine takes approximately 20 min. to take apart and re-assemble. How long does your 4-stroke take to break down? As far as my builder... John at JSR. Both people mentioned are HIGHLY reputable in the business (if you race around here, you know the guys). Happy to give you the dyno results too! Feel free to ask me or them all the questions you want about the motor.

Really, we doubted your bike was just 117. Without breaking your motor down, your own admission was enough (even the 117 was not legal). Don't act surprised, you are no rookie at this and you know the rules. Atleast you were honest about what you were running, that takes a man to do. I know there are people out there that would not. I have seen a few stupid scenarios down at TQRA. I refuse to put my kid in that situation EVER.

I almost bought a third hand Pitster 150 with a 125 from a friend in Iowa. If he still has it this fall I will still buy it. We will run it in super-mini where it belongs. If not that pitster, then the Yamaha 125 that is coming out.

As far as the protest, you can point fingers where ever you like, just don't forget to look in the mirror.

The worst part is, all the kids in the class know your bike (by your own admission) was not legal. When my son asked about it, I had to explain to my son that no matter what others choose to do, we will follow the rules. Unfortunately, it is just going to take a truck load of money to do it. You evidently had the same option. As far as nationals, they would not let you ride in mini either.

We are likely not going to win the overall points this year (and don't expect my kid to either). The other kids involved (including the kid that won nationals at moberly) are losing points places because you are in the wrong class. Trust me, I have at least $16,000 in our bike, and the others may have more invested to stay true to the class. I think your pitster inspired a couple of them to pony up the cash to catch up. It did me.

Dont know if you realize (or care), but there are two parents that I personally talked to that gave up this year because you had the pitster out there. That is just hurting the entire class in #'s, and I am pleased the Officials did the right thing.

I don't wish ill things against you or your team, just stood up for what I believe is right. What kind of example would I leave my kid if I did anything else.

Why cant you run a 117 with the 90 2 strokes. if the class is set up right it should be 90cc 2 stroke and 124cc 4 stroke

Full Throttle00
09-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Just curious why is it that when race promoters and others setting up classes don't look at what others are doing such as AMA, GNC, NMA rules for 2 vs 4 stroke for bikes?

65cc 2 stroke / 110cc 4 stroke
Super Mini 79-112cc 2-Stroke / 75-150cc 4-Stroke
Why should quads be any different for displacement?

90cc 2 vs 110cc 4 IMO is a joke,

mydirtkids
09-10-2010, 02:20 PM
You posted your son had a medical issue. I am sorry to hear that. I pray many times a day that my kids make it home safe and in good health. It is good to see Zach is able to overcome his condition. I will pray for him and your family. As a matter of fact, I have been praying for Zach since all this crap started. Really, he is the one that is stuck in our mess.

Neither one of us really handled this the right way. I could have easily approached you first, and I admit I did not even try. All I did was complain from the moment I saw the Pitster roll to the line.

Please see my perspective right or wrong..

Like you, I want nothing but the best for my kids. Two weeks before the season we decided to run. Didn't even have a bike yet. I drove to IA and bought one the weekend before the series started. We looked at the rules and made our purchase based on that, and a few reviews we read online. After the first race, we saw your pitster 150R and were a little confused. It was obvious that Our stock 90 would no way be competitve. After suspension and a few upgrades realized that even if we did the mods on the motor, we might never catch the pitster. To look at the rules and realize that your bike was not only too big for the class, ....

but BUILT TOO,

was a letdown. Thats when we looked back to the pitster. It would have been about the same money to get the pitster and mod it as it would have been to make the DRR competitve. When we checked with the officials, they said they would bump us out if anyone else complained. I was already aware of the other teams opinions on the pitster running in the class so we chose to finish the DRR. The way WE saw it was not only our kid, but the other kids were losing because you chose not to stay within the class to win.... I was more upset that the other kid (imo the best rider) will lose points because your out of the class. I just felt that something was taken from him. Your bike is way WAY modded from stock (even if it was a 125). You would not have deleted all your posts if it were not........

just the way we saw things.

I see your point in the classes. The other kid running a Hetrick built CanAM 110 four stroke probably spent close to $20K on the thing. (to stay in the class) Where does this end$$$

If you go stock to stock, the 90 cvt (losing 25-30% efficiency thru the CVT) is no way match for a stock 117 shifter PERIOD. All you pitster guys know this. To get a competitive 4-stroke 110 to compete against a built 90, thats hard to do. Technology has come a long way in the 4-strokes. It aint like the 90's when you had to have a 250 to keep up with a 125... Again, the stock 125 with a shifter will kill any stock 90cvt. Difference here is shifting can also blow a race (more likely in mini).

You know how these points things are, and bottom line is rules are rules. I realize our bike is competitve either way now, and we are not in this for points this year.

I really think this could have been different if you would have atleast approached us and the other teams at the beginning of the season. (atleast I speak for myself, I don't have a $20k CanAM 110).

Two outcomes the way I see it. We ***** about this for years to come, or we can shake hands, get over this crap and enjoy our kids racing together.

I myself prefer the latter, and tired of all this too. I really don't want this to be "one of those sports". If you want, I will go with you at the end of the year and petition to review the classes.

Ride1Rob
09-10-2010, 04:33 PM

If you go stock to stock, the 90 cvt (losing 25-30% efficiency thru the CVT) is no way match for a stock 117 shifter PERIOD. All you pitster guys know this. To get a competitive 4-stroke 110 to compete against a built 90, thats hard to do. Technology has come a long way in the 4-strokes. It aint like the 90's when you had to have a 250 to keep up with a 125... Again, the stock 125 with a shifter will kill any stock 90cvt. Difference here is shifting can also blow a race (more likely in mini).

You know how these points things are, and bottom line is rules are rules. I realize our bike is competitve either way now, and we are not in this for points this year.

I really think this could have been different if you would have atleast approached us and the other teams at the beginning of the season. (atleast I speak for myself, I don't have a $20k CanAM 110).

Two outcomes the way I see it. We ***** about this for years to come, or we can shake hands, get over this crap and enjoy our kids racing together.

I myself prefer the latter, and tired of all this too. I really don't want this to be "one of those sports". If you want, I will go with you at the end of the year and petition to review the classes.

Nice post, but you are TOTALLY wrong about a 90cvt not being able to compete with a 117 thumper. Especially with you have a 2Fast setup. Either you need to fire your builder or you can't possibly be running a 2Fast setup. Again, his bike is only taller but weighs lighter than what your kid is running. You said yourself the 125cc Typhoon was allowed in the class but now you're saying cc's is the issue as well as the size of the bike. Shifting gives no advantage in terms of racing and it's a KNOWN fact 2 strokes make alot more power than the thumpers. We race our 150cc thumper against the same 86cc 2Fast kits that are in your bike and I'll show you vids of them running away from us. No way should a 2Fast bike be racing in the same class as a 110cc thumper. You should be running 20hp at least compared to his 10-12hp. And from what I've gathered that's at the rear wheel of the cvt.

91gtig60
09-10-2010, 09:32 PM
jimmy all i wanted was you to tell me to my face about this. i even shook terrins hand on my way to the truck and you just smiled. i have no problem shaking hands and getting over this crap and enjoying our kids racing together. i will show you my 150 cylinder that i took off, the 117? that is on there now and next race will show you the new stock 110 and paperwork that will be on there then. i will even mark them all. my quad dynoed 15hp, i just have a nice port, cam, and carb. hell, i still run the stock pipe!so i wouldnt really say "built" i could have a v2 head that makes 4-5 more a pipe ect. i deleated all my post cause i dont like being forum stocked. i have seen everyone of the other boys win or beat zach on any occasion. we have been racing this class for three years now and zachs only advantage is he jumps every jump very consistantly. if you noticed terrins gap got bigger everytime zach tryed to shift. also dont forget we are on stock susspension, for now. we will be at sx tomorrow if you will be attending, we can shake hands and exchange info or whatever. i dont really want to make this a tear down class either. i am a certified suzuki/can am/actic cat tech at a dealership and am the only one who turns a wrench on my bikes, sounds like a extra 4hrs of worh for me. as far as the points go. we race to win one race at a time.i'm not realy sure why you say i should have ask you other parents about the pitster. and i dont expect you to ask me if you can run that bad *** engine, or shocks or ect. what if a guy puts your engine in a pitster, as far as the rules next year, i will be running super mini/90 mod, i am putting a rm85 engine in and doing the suspension. so whatever they do is fine with me. see you at the track
You posted your son had a medical issue. I am sorry to hear that. I pray many times a day that my kids make it home safe and in good health. It is good to see Zach is able to overcome his condition. I will pray for him and your family. As a matter of fact, I have been praying for Zach since all this crap started. Really, he is the one that is stuck in our mess.

Neither one of us really handled this the right way. I could have easily approached you first, and I admit I did not even try. All I did was complain from the moment I saw the Pitster roll to the line.

Please see my perspective right or wrong..

Like you, I want nothing but the best for my kids. Two weeks before the season we decided to run. Didn't even have a bike yet. I drove to IA and bought one the weekend before the series started. We looked at the rules and made our purchase based on that, and a few reviews we read online. After the first race, we saw your pitster 150R and were a little confused. It was obvious that Our stock 90 would no way be competitve. After suspension and a few upgrades realized that even if we did the mods on the motor, we might never catch the pitster. To look at the rules and realize that your bike was not only too big for the class, ....

but BUILT TOO,

was a letdown. Thats when we looked back to the pitster. It would have been about the same money to get the pitster and mod it as it would have been to make the DRR competitve. When we checked with the officials, they said they would bump us out if anyone else complained. I was already aware of the other teams opinions on the pitster running in the class so we chose to finish the DRR. The way WE saw it was not only our kid, but the other kids were losing because you chose not to stay within the class to win.... I was more upset that the other kid (imo the best rider) will lose points because your out of the class. I just felt that something was taken from him. Your bike is way WAY modded from stock (even if it was a 125). You would not have deleted all your posts if it were not........

just the way we saw things.

I see your point in the classes. The other kid running a Hetrick built CanAM 110 four stroke probably spent close to $20K on the thing. (to stay in the class) Where does this end$$$

mydirtkids
09-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Terry, I really hate the friction that occured, and would love nothing more than to get back to focusing on our kids. You don't need any paperwork. I just really don't care anymore anyway. Somewhere along the way I lost focus on the real reason we are out there anyway.. the kids. My wife evidently said Terrin overheard me when I went up to the booth and told her not to protest but it was too late. Yeah, that feels real good right now. I wish I would have shut off the emotion switch a little earlier. I apologize for any stress or grief this caused you and your boy, it was not worth it for some plastic trophies and stupid points for some dumb award. Not setting a very good example for these boys.

Will see you at the track tomorrow. Not sure if we are going to run or not, but will likely be out to watch. The track looks pretty brutal, have not seen it that aggresive yet. Not sure if I want to risk a break as Terrin is more interested in riding MX. The peaks and whoops are insane. I guess they are prepping for the Pro's cause there is huge prize money and big fireworks yaada yaada.. To top it off, we just finished welding the 4 new breaks in the junk DRR frame. My friend that does this stuff for a living nicknamed the DRR "humpty dumpty" cause he has welded it back together so many times... even with full gussets, and good suspension..

Good luck tomorrow, Jimmy

greenmachine70
09-11-2010, 06:14 AM
protest = drama....... even if you didnt call it, trust me and you cant take it back no matter how hard you try.....

91gtig60
09-11-2010, 06:47 AM
man i feel the same, and will tell you this, i told zach he sould have thought about trading terrin trophys since he ran so good that last moto and ran a perfect moto, yea the jumps are built up a little for the 5000$ pro race, but should be fun to watch.
Terry, I really hate the friction that occured, and would love nothing more than to get back to focusing on our kids. You don't need any paperwork. I just really don't care anymore anyway. Somewhere along the way I lost focus on the real reason we are out there anyway.. the kids. My wife evidently said Terrin overheard me when I went up to the booth and told her not to protest but it was too late. Yeah, that feels real good right now. I wish I would have shut off the emotion switch a little earlier. I apologize for any stress or grief this caused you and your boy, it was not worth it for some plastic trophies and stupid points for some dumb award. Not setting a very good example for these boys.

Will see you at the track tomorrow. Not sure if we are going to run or not, but will likely be out to watch. The track looks pretty brutal, have not seen it that aggresive yet. Not sure if I want to risk a break as Terrin is more interested in riding MX. The peaks and whoops are insane. I guess they are prepping for the Pro's cause there is huge prize money and big fireworks yaada yaada.. To top it off, we just finished welding the 4 new breaks in the junk DRR frame. My friend that does this stuff for a living nicknamed the DRR "humpty dumpty" cause he has welded it back together so many times... even with full gussets, and good suspension..

Good luck tomorrow, Jimmy

lilman
10-25-2010, 09:30 AM
i agree with rob, there should be no way a properly set up 2 smoke 90 should have any trouble making more hp than a 117 4 stroke, been there done that went to cr 85s a good port and polish stroked to 90cc and you should be right in the 18-20hp range we also run a kasea stroked to 90cc port and polish good clutch setup this bike other than being suspension limited can pull right with the cr to the first set of woops <the boy riding it is 30lbs lighter than my son though>just try and get 18-20ho out of a 117 if anyone has dyno numbers to prove let me know
they should be cc classed just like the bikes

RAWDAWG635
12-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Not taking sides but everywhere (local)we have raced its been 90cc 2-stroke 125cc 4-stroke. Some of the local tracks dont care if you have a cvt ,auto clutch, or manual they just go by the cc's. We have a trx90 with a Scott Cain built 125cc motor and raced a few very, very, built 90cc cvt's and they are pretty close on the start the trx will pull away in long straits and on real hilly curvy tracks but they are close, so i would say a 110cc 4-stroke would not hang with a 90 two stroke. So you can look at it both ways, if its really a 110 it wouldn't hang, but its also at a very big disadvantage. I dont think the nationals will let a manual clutch run with the cvt's anyway, so theirs another issue there. That pitster would have to run in a 90 mod. or a supermini class, which i think allows up to a 150 4-stroke. The pitster would have a hard time in that class, because they are putting crf150r motors in them with Scott Cain mods that gets up to 26hp or so. I will have to deal with all these issues in 2011 myself, we just got a Raptor 125, local some tracks may let us run the 90 class due to the cc's and my boys age but some will make use run a 90 mod because of the manual clutch. they wont let us run the youth class because of the 12yr age req.. Hopefully we will fit in somewhere.

Ride1Rob
01-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by RAWDAWG635
I dont think the nationals will let a manual clutch run with the cvt's anyway, so theirs another issue there. That pitster would have to run in a 90 mod. or a supermini class, which i think allows up to a 150 4-stroke. The pitster would have a hard time in that class, because they are putting crf150r motors in them with Scott Cain mods that gets up to 26hp or so. I will have to deal with all these issues in 2011 myself, we just got a Raptor 125, local some tracks may let us run the 90 class due to the cc's and my boys age but some will make use run a 90 mod because of the manual clutch. they wont let us run the youth class because of the 12yr age req.. Hopefully we will fit in somewhere.

The Pitster runs in the 90 production class at the Nats. But you're spot on about the Pitster having problems in the Supermini class and your Raptor 125 will have the same issue. These China motors (yours as well) aren't bread for "Race" purposes like the CRF150r and the 2stroke engines are. However, there's a builder up in Michigan that's closing the gap on that and getting some damn good results.

RAWDAWG635
01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi Ride1Rob, do you have any contact info for that builder in Michigan? Thanks

Ride1Rob
01-01-2011, 11:04 PM
(810) 964-1665 Terry Straubel

quadnana7
01-02-2011, 09:04 AM
After seeing how well Jam's xtreme ran all year long, (dependable and strong), He's building Christian's Pitster engines.

greenmachine70
01-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Quadnana,
you guys are in TN, thats only about8-10 hr drive from DCMX. Would be awesome to see you guys down here to run the shifter class Rob has put together.

quadnana7
01-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Great job on developing the new class. I know Rob did a lot of hard work to get this class to fly. It should be a great class.
Next time we take a vacation in Fla. we will try to bring quad down to race.