PDA

View Full Version : clutch question

JTRtrx250r
09-06-2010, 01:09 AM
got the cover off due to grabby clutch syndrome and YEP..grooved basket

started to pull it off and noticed it seems pretty wobbly, like really loose..but all the inners are tight. Not in the position to run out and buy a new basket...but I do have another stocker.

my question is...how normal is this?, haha. Is the basket supposed to be tight? sure seems like alotta slop/play..

Just thinking I need bearings too, but wanna be sure

Been yrs and dont remember much these days, trying to reserect this unit before Im too old to ride it.

JTRtrx250r
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
nevermind, found my manual...and broke the center and basket trying to get it apart. still stuck too:mad:

swell...this is just my luck lately

:rolleyes:

Dave83
09-09-2010, 03:13 PM
They do feel "wobbly" when installed.I went thru this on my last rebuild.installed new bearings and all,still the same.If you need a center hub and basket,you know where to find one,just pm me,been a while and I dont remember where I put your addy.

JTRtrx250r
09-09-2010, 05:48 PM
you havent lost one ounce of your awesomeness, have you:D :cool:

I think you just saved me some time and money. Planned on trying to get rid of "all that wobble"

:p

Also found that extra basket I have is already broken too...and have had no luck locating a center yet at all

Yes brother, its been awhile. Been meaning to throw you a PM anyway, now yet another reason to, haha