PDA

View Full Version : Honda TRX700XX w/ FMF Powerbomb Pipe (Please Help!)

dfesmire
09-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey folks, New to this to this quad. Just got it & it's only mod is the pipe. Runs great but has a 'dead" spot right after touching the throttle then the power comes on like a mad dog & upon letting of the throttle will backfire/pop a little. Closed off the airbox a bit & the "dead" spot is gone but now backfires/pops a lot when letting off the throttle. Please give me your suggestions to overcoming these problems

06 Honda 450R
09-05-2010, 10:43 PM
if you have a full exhaust, then you need a efi controler... which is just like rejeting a carb... when you buy a pipe, you have to rejet or remap it. so you have to buy a efi controller, if not you will hurt your quad so what i would do is buy a power commander V and buy an aftermarket filter and tune it, and also take off the airbox lid

dfesmire
09-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by 06 Honda 450R
if you have a full exhaust, then you need a efi controler... which is just like rejeting a carb... when you buy a pipe, you have to rejet or remap it. so you have to buy a efi controller, if not you will hurt your quad so what i would do is buy a power commander V and buy an aftermarket filter and tune it, and also take off the airbox lid

Thanks for your reply. I'll check into what you've recommended.

89trx250r
09-19-2010, 01:44 PM
well backfire and popping on deceleration is a sign of your motor running lean so like the op said get yourself a efi controller and the sooner the better people think just cause the motor is efi they can pipe them and etc without having to adjust anything lol

seenisle
09-26-2010, 07:10 AM
The "dead" spot was the first thing that I noticed with my new TRX700. I ordered the big 3 from EHS and can tell you the difference is unbelievable !!! The Barker exhaust sounds awesome and the entire kit took less than an hour to install. I also took the steel can from inside the air filter and drilled 3/8 holes in it all the way around (approx 15). The bike has way more horsepower and no dead spot !

dfesmire
12-11-2010, 02:49 PM
PC-V w/ a PC-III map fixed the problem. Thanks for the advice!!

01-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 06 Honda 450R
Depending on your riding conditions i wouldnt take the air box lid off, mybe cut some holes in it and put theese in it http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do;jsessionid=118B17D23C158A41F6BB6B 4838A54EF8.westring1?webCatId=27&webTypeId=177&navTitle=Filters&navType=type&prodFamilyId=6786&stockId=1960
to keep the mud and water out