PDA

View Full Version : Time to come out of the closet!!!!!!!

angelon400ex
02-06-2003, 04:36 AM
Well, exriders family....I have been here since the early days of only 20 something members and have watched this forum grow by leaps and bounds. I have proudly run my exrider decals on my truck and quad. Then I took a step into a dark world when I was invited to race on a team for the nationals. :D My team captain suggested I get a Predator. :eek: He knew that it would stand out in the lineup on the start at the GNCCs more than the quads that have previously been represented. I thought about it long and hard and I knew I could not give up my DREAM QUAD which is my 4000+ mile 2001 400EX! Yet I knew where he was coming from and the thought of stepping out and trying something new excited me. I also knew my 400EX would probably finally give out if I was running it hard for 2 hrs in the GNCCs. A couple of different mechanics told me it wouldn't make it for a national season. I knew that it was ideal to have more than one quad when racing for points...pursuing what was one of my biggest dreams...to race the national series a full season.

angelon400ex
02-06-2003, 04:38 AM
So, with the confidence of knowing my 400EX was there for me to support me in case the Predator did have some first year problems....I took the big step of getting the Predator. We had a few days together which included a ride in my small back yard and a ride in a parade in NC and then I got the opportunity of a lifetime as my quad went to Mickey Dunlap to be prepped for one of his infamous and eye-catching magazine spreads. This weekend I am supposed to be going up for a magazine shoot for 4 Wheel ATV Action.
My plan for this year is to race my 400EX in the 12 race Mideast/ Interstate Harescramble series and the Predator in the GNCCs. I will switch quads if necessary for either if one quad is under the weather. I know I am putting a lot on my plate with 25 or more races ahead of me this year but I am ready to give it my all and give it my best!!!!!!!:macho

Guy400
02-06-2003, 04:43 AM
There's nothing wrong with owning other brands. Congrats on the Predator and good luck in the nationals:D

angelon400ex
02-06-2003, 04:46 AM
I know it looks like I am talking to myself but the server limits the amount of characters I can have per post....:p ....thanks for bearing with me! I feel better already getting this dark secret off my mind :rolleyes:
As it is for a lot of racers there is only one thing that stands between me and my dream....Finances. I have had so many people want to help me achieve this dream as there are few women who are involved in the race scene with the passion for it I have. I now have a support club and it is going to be ONLY with the help of my family and friends that this dream will happen. I already have had friends on this forum who are going to be supporting me and I appreciate every single person who helps me get to those races. Thanks for listening to my "coming out" therapy session :D Sincerely, Angela Turner

02-06-2003, 05:28 AM
Angel, have enjoyed many of your posts but this one was great. Have to admit got a real chuckle from your "guilt trip" of riding the polaris :)

Good luck on your expanded "tour" this year and ride hard. :macho

PS. looking forward to the next session :devil

MSL
02-06-2003, 06:49 AM
Good luck:cool:

CBW
02-06-2003, 07:23 AM
as long as you are out doing what you love to do,,,,,it really doesnt matter what you ride;) .....so long as it carries you to the front of the line:D

Best of luck to you and your team this season.

CW

JustRace
02-06-2003, 11:41 AM
Yup its all good. Do whatever it takes to get to the front, or since you'll get the holeshot, whatever it takes to keep you out front.

I'd probably take a polaris predator over my 440, but i suffer from poor college student syndrome.

Doibugu2
02-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Your always family here, we know what color your blood is, Honda red!:blah

02-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Heck I'd race a predator anyday...you have good things goin for you and your stepping in the direction you want...I think it's great news and hope ta see ya t some of the GNCC races...;) :D

beerock
02-06-2003, 11:54 AM
good luck

Extremeracer167
02-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Angela,
Were u at the banquet? Hope ya can give Traci and Stephani a run for there money this year:D

660bigdaddy
02-06-2003, 12:22 PM
good luck on the predator. i like someone who dares to be different. now go out there and win an a.m. overall!:cool: remember, we need to see pics of your beast...

roostu
02-06-2003, 12:29 PM
Good Luck!!

~Roost-U

QuadJunkies
02-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by angelon400ex
I know it looks like I am talking to myself but the server limits the amount of characters I can have per post....:p ....thanks for bearing with me! I feel better already getting this dark secret off my mind :rolleyes:
As it is for a lot of racers there is only one thing that stands between me and my dream....Finances. I have had so many people want to help me achieve this dream as there are few women who are involved in the race scene with the passion for it I have. I now have a support club and it is going to be ONLY with the help of my family and friends that this dream will happen. I already have had friends on this forum who are going to be supporting me and I appreciate every single person who helps me get to those races. Thanks for listening to my "coming out" therapy session :D Sincerely, Angela Turner WEll girl...its about time you posted sometinhg hre on this... gosh I thought I was gonna bust at the seams!!:p You already know Im proud of ya,keep up the good work your quite the mentor to all us women riders out here.....;) Tina

SAND LUVR
02-06-2003, 02:11 PM
good luck and it dont matter what you ride as long as you ride

Rip_Tear
02-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Good luck! :D Glad to hear you have the EX to back you up if the Predator gets in a jam :p

TLC
02-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Congrats on the Predator!! Looking forward to seeing you at the GNCC.

Tommy 17
02-11-2003, 07:21 PM
anything but a polaris!!!!! haha j.k

good luck this year... i hope to see u at the rausch gncc!!!

luvmyex
02-11-2003, 07:30 PM
So,i take it you have it back now.Any differance :rolleyes: I thought you fell off the earth.I dont ever hear from ya anymore.Good luck on the season.BTW are you gonna make windrock in April with the club.Look foward to seeing ya again,if i ever do.Plus i want to ride it again :D I bet it hauls .Im me sometime.Rick B

4punksdad
02-11-2003, 09:05 PM
if the predator fails.............there is always a cannondale :)

rookiex
02-14-2003, 07:54 PM
Pders rock...there fast and really neat...I want one,And I Talked to my dad on the phone...He is stationed somwhere..he got mad cuz he told me to make up my mind...CRF,to a R, To a Dale,Now this...I like them tho atleast you don't have to pya 15000 for one...

YEXAS STYLIN'
02-15-2003, 05:57 AM
Good Luck, Sounds Sweet!!! Put some pics up of that thing!!!

Glow Plug
02-15-2003, 01:43 PM
well good luck but at least you still have the honda :D

luvmyex
02-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by YEXAS STYLIN'
Good Luck, Sounds Sweet!!! Put some pics up of that thing!!!
there will be in atvsport they're doing a write up on it.

02-17-2003, 11:20 AM
i wish u the best of luck

batgeek
02-17-2003, 06:28 PM
just ride Angela!!!!

give em h3LL! :D

angelon400ex
02-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks everyone for cheering me on! I just got back from a photo shoot with Mickey Dunlap of Four Stroke Tech and "Doogie" John Howell of 4 Wheel ATV Action in PA last weekend. I won't be able to release any pics of my Predator until the magazine is out due to being in the magazine. It is supposed to be coming out in the May issue. The nationals are upon us and I am only going to be able to do this by raising the money. I have had a lot of people tell me they will help me out and I can never thank them enough. My support club is open to everyone and I know it is only with my members that I will be putting it all on that starting line.....Sincerely, Angela

angelon400ex
02-17-2003, 10:16 PM
I have also had requests about info on my support club so here it is....

Angel Wings Support Club

Mother of 11 yr old Kyle, preschool teacher and Carolina quad racer all describe my passions and some of my interests in life. After experiencing the tremendous expense of the past season, I knew the only way to continue was to reach out to my community and the numerous friends and family that have said they would like to help me anyway they can as they have seen that I have a rarely matched passion for this sport and want to represent it in a positive way. The support club membership enables those who support me personally or women in sports or just our sport in general to help me move forward in Mideast Harescrambles and on toward the goals such as GNCC and other national races. I sincerely thank you for your generous support and the big part it will play in the winter season and 2003 race season. With Love, Angela Turner

Date of Membership:_____________
Name:____________________ A few notes about yourself:________________
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Address: __________________________________________________ _____
Phone: ______________________ Email: ____________________________
Additional comments:_________________________________________ _____
$20 Personal membership _____Pd money order, cash
$50 Business membership _____Pd money order, cash
$100+ Platinum Business membership ____Pd money order, cash
Additional items are available upon request for an additional charge.
Additional contributions: ___________________________________________

Personal Membership includes: One personally signed item (calendar or poster or photo), access to web page or website, bimonthly newsletter and special offers as my career continues.
Business Membership also includes name listed on my sponsors on web page and link for visitors. If you do not have a website to link to I will provide info about your business for contact purposes.
Platinum Business Membership also includes individually arranged method of promoting business in at least one other manner such as displaying decals on truck, quad, etc.
Please mail membership fee to:
Angela Turner
12 Pond Street Spartanburg SC 29303/ or email angelon400ex@hotmail.com

QuadJunkies
02-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by angelon400ex
Thanks everyone for cheering me on! I just got back from a photo shoot with Mickey Dunlap of Four Stroke Tech and "Doogie" John Howell of 4 Wheel ATV Action in PA last weekend. I won't be able to release any pics of my Predator until the magazine is out due to being in the magazine. It is supposed to be coming out in the May issue. The nationals are upon us and I am only going to be able to do this by raising the money. I have had a lot of people tell me they will help me out and I can never thank them enough. My support club is open to everyone and I know it is only with my members that I will be putting it all on that starting line.....Sincerely, Angela Like I told you tonight... My member dues went out today:) Glad to support a women rider;) ..I think things are goona be bright for you one day girl.. keep it up...oh and BTW everyone ....Angela just got engaged!!! On Valetines day!!whhhooo hooooo!!!:D :D CONGRATS girl...

02-18-2003, 11:09 PM
oh and BTW everyone ....Angela just got engaged!!! On Valetines day!!whhhooo hooooo!!! CONGRATS girl...

Hey congrats on that but guess I will have to use the other method of support :) JK

dirtmomma
02-19-2003, 08:19 AM
Hey girl I had NO idea you raced what you do....I'm also on ATV Nation. That is AWESOME what your doing wish I could Good luck on your season & w/ the predator. And Congats on your engagement!!:) :) Dirtmomma

QuadJunkies
02-19-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey girl I had NO idea you raced what you do....I'm also on ATV Nation. That is AWESOME what your doing wish I could Good luck on your season & w/ the predator. And Congats on your engagement!!:) :) Dirtmomma I too pop into atvnation once in awhile...Do you know if they are still planning that trail ride her in Idaho in the Owyhees next month?? I would like to go... You heading to it dirtmomma??

dirtmomma
02-19-2003, 08:33 AM
Hey quadjunkies, well I don't know if they are having that ride, NO I probably won't make it if they do, I'm going to MT in May & Wallace ID in July for the jamboree, do you go to the jamboree??
We're going to a place in MT called Bull Run Guest Ranch have you ever heard of it?? It sounds like a good time, a little spendy but if it's like they say it is it should be worth it. How far is the Owyhees from Spokane do you know?? Have a good one & we'll be talkin to ya.:)

QuadJunkies
02-19-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey quadjunkies, well I don't know if they are having that ride, NO I probably won't make it if they do, I'm going to MT in May & Wallace ID in July for the jamboree, do you go to the jamboree??
We're going to a place in MT called Bull Run Guest Ranch have you ever heard of it?? It sounds like a good time, a little spendy but if it's like they say it is it should be worth it. How far is the Owyhees from Spokane do you know?? Have a good one & we'll be talkin to ya.:) lets see... Your about oh, I would say 5- hours form me( I live near the Owyhees)No, I have never heard of the Rahcn,but I have heard of the Jamboree....DId you go last year? I heard it was a lot of fun ,but a lil over rated too...:( I looked it up on the internet last summer.. beautful up there.. Look for me sometime on atvnation(i dont there too much,but sometimes)... my user name there is FLYIN HI;)

dirtmomma
02-19-2003, 09:13 AM
yeah I went last year and have been going for 4yrs. the 1st year we paid to go on the rides ect but last year we decided to do them ourself & save $$ it was a good time, the rodeo wasn't as good as the year before I didn't think but this year they are trying to have a bigger 2 day one so that would be great thats the real reason we go but we love the riding also.

Desert Rat
02-20-2003, 05:34 PM
I plan on being buried on my 310r. I love my 440ex and just bought a Predator 2 weeks ago. Now that I think about it I might have them put all three in the grave with me. Doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride!

440exnacsracer
02-21-2003, 09:36 PM
so that means youll be at round 2 in GA of the gncc series. ill also be racing my new predator. hope to see you there, but im glad you wont be racing the same class as me cause id prolly get it handed to me.. by a girl. :eek: :rolleyes: but good luck