PDA

View Full Version : New atv park in the making

icecreammaker
09-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey people sign support get involved, do what you can to support this hopefully uphttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1159626939#!/pages/Northumberland-County-OHV-Park/141351402542490?ref=tscoming park, in my county & area

icecreammaker
09-05-2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Northumberland-County-OHV-Park/141351402542490?ref=ts

Try this & se if it works,

Ken

GTRider256
09-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Do u have to have a facebook account to view this link? Is this in new jersey?

icecreammaker
09-05-2010, 09:57 PM
That is a facebook version, iam going to see what thae have for non facebook, & it is in Central Pa coal region mountains, Shamokin, Pa, 30 min from route 80 & route 81

icecreammaker
09-05-2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.ohv.norrycopa.net/

Here is a general account of what they are looking to do

mxduner
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
geez it seems like pa. is such a great place for atv riding. Hopefully this park will go thru. In minnesota they propossed a park. it took atleast 5 years to build. When it got done, they approved another place to build and link the 2 togethor. was suppose to be complete i bet 3-5 years ago. Needless to say it has not been built yet.
For the last couple years, i really have been thinking about moving, and pa or the area has been on my list. Not just for the riding, but for jobs, and just something different.

goldfish
09-06-2010, 08:07 AM
this would be awesome. Me and the group of guys I ride with all live in MD where there is absolutely NOWHERE to ride..We've gone to rock run twice this year but have started seeing the same trails twice..would be awesome to get another place in the area for a little more variety.

jesseweaver
09-06-2010, 10:27 AM
this is gonna suck so much if this goes through :( right now you can get a permit for $150 and ride all year in trevorton on thousands and thousands of acres. this seems like its gonna be a pay every time you go type of deal and it seems like the majority of it is gonna be horse and hiking trails and stuff. soon the hikers complain about the quads and you all know where it goes from there

icecreammaker
09-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Not even close dude so dont start the negative already. There will be Mud bogging, Jeep races, jeep hill climbs, trails & hills for quads & bikes. One of the trustees on the board is trying to get a GNCC race there next year. They also want to put in an Mx track & have some kind of racing every weekend, this is county land. The Land were you pay for your permit is the Reading Coal Co. That land has nothing to do with this, however it is surrounded by the counties land,

Ken

jesseweaver
09-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by icecreammaker
Not even close dude so dont start the negative already. There will be Mud bogging, Jeep races, jeep hill climbs, trails & hills for quads & bikes. One of the trustees on the board is trying to get a GNCC race there next year. They also want to put in an Mx track & have some kind of racing every weekend, this is county land. The Land were you pay for your permit is the Reading Coal Co. That land has nothing to do with this, however it is surrounded by the counties land,

Ken

alright thats sounds pretty good then yea i dont know too much about all the details on it. but i just like going up to trevorton for a weekend, its nice having somewhere where you dont have to pay to ride cause going to tracks every weekend kills my bank account.