PDA

View Full Version : Kodak DC290 Digital Camera ...

300exwoodsracer
02-06-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm about to get a digital camera, and i think I can get a Kodak DC-290 pretty cheap from an uncle...ive always liked the camera, but do any of you guys have this camera?? if so please let me know wut u think...and post some pics that u took with it, particularly pics with 4wheelers moving so i can see how it does with moving objects...thanks guys

EricB
02-06-2003, 12:14 AM
well i have a Kodak DC3200 and it's a piece of poo! i got it for free so i can't complain. it does HORRIBLE with motion, like any motion. i'm talking you move your hand just a tiny bit before you snap the photo and it's ruined. you take a picture of a quad moving pretty much at all and it's all blurred to ****. so unless you have other still stuff you want to photograph i'd sugest saving up some more buckies and getting something different.

but who knows, maybe my camera is just messed up but i kinda doubt it.

300exwoodsracer
02-06-2003, 05:49 AM
alright thanks for the info... anyone out there with a dc290?

skinrider440
02-06-2003, 09:45 AM
i just got a FujiFinePix 3800 it is good quality photos

spincr4hire
02-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Nice EX!

Razorback
02-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 300exwoodsracer
I'm about to get a digital camera, and i think I can get a Kodak DC-290 pretty cheap from an uncle...ive always liked the camera, but do any of you guys have this camera?? if so please let me know wut u think...and post some pics that u took with it, particularly pics with 4wheelers moving so i can see how it does with moving objects...thanks guys

I had a DC260 for a long time. Very good camera. The 290 basically the same thing, but a year newer. If you can get a decent deal, it's definitely worth it. Takes very sharp pics.

Str8Wicked
02-06-2003, 12:47 PM
I have a DC290.. great pictures but do not get the camera. If you like taking action shots it has a very long lag on each shot and makes it very hard to take an action shots. I love the quality of pics which is one of the best digitals I have had but when it comes down to it. Unless your taking stills than it is a very annoying camera....

It took me about 10 shots to get this one of my son launching.

killerworm
02-06-2003, 03:02 PM
I've got the FujiPix 6800 and in High Res mode I can take excellent pictures. I just got my first R...pretty beaten.. and used the cam to photo everything...I actually found frame cracks in the pics that I didn't see with my eyes. Three thumbs up!! It has a movie feature and webcam that is pretty darn clear!! You pay for what you get though!!
Mason

Str8Wicked
02-06-2003, 03:37 PM
When I bought my DC290 it was the shizznit, it was the best out there... Now with all the recent stuff it doesn't stand a chance against the comp. I bought mine about 2-3 years ago and it has done me good but like I said... the lag time is just to much...