PDA

View Full Version : A happy ending to a potiential deal-breaker.

flyboy1294
09-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Hey guys,
as a few of you may know, I have had some on-going trouble with engine work for my quad. (If you are not familar, you can see my rendition of the series of events here: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=444616 )

Unfortunately, my last thread on the topic was locked. Probably due to my poor langauge or going into excessive detail over legal matters. These are not mistakes that I wish to repeat, so I will give you guys one final update on my situation.

This gentleman that had my parts was given a deadline which he did not meet, legal action was taken and as of last week, I have received my parts, along with machine work I was promised. It cost me several hundred dollars in legal fees and a few weeks of extreme headaches over my ignorance, but the I still came out $700 ahead of what I would've lost had I done nothing at all.

The moral of the story is, 1.) use extreme caution when dealing with people online. I never took scammers seriously in the field of ATVs, it just seemed too much trouble to rip someone off for less than $1000. and 2.) if you do find yourself as the victim of a scam, don't take it laying down. The moment you mention 'attourney' most people start thinking twice about taking your stuff. The odds are still against you, but you have a much better chance of getting your items/money back as opposed to doing nothing.

With that said, my parts are being checked out by a close (local) friend, at the moment. After that, I expect to have the quad completed and running again by the end of the month. You guys can expect to see me on the site and racing scene again by the end of the season. :D

CJM
09-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Glad everything worked out for ya.

miller821
09-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Glad everything worked out for ya.

Ditto...

Nothing good about a thief... I lost about $600 in camera equipment on Ebay to a dirt-bag from another country. I''ve learned my lesson, and always think twice before buying/selling.... Remember to always try and get a receipt as well, for proof of payment.