PDA

View Full Version : Quad is gone this Sunday...

siberthugd
02-05-2003, 10:46 PM
I sold (traded) my quad. My 2002 250EX was my baby... I know what you guys are thinking... "Dude, it's a 250ex, who cares?" Well, that may be true, but she moved my fat @$$ around when I wanted to ride and always ran perfect. She never quit on me. I'm a little bummed out, but I'll recover (I hope). I had a few reasons to move on: Well, we're running out of places to ride in the first place. I live in Massachusetts (on Cape Cod) and there is not one legal place to ride, other than a race track 2 hours from me. Another thing, those D@MN E.P. officers are everywhere, and going after everyone. It's gotten bad, real bad. I got a ticket just last month for riding in a sand pit ($100). Not that big of a deal, but it gets worse... Day before yesterday, I passed a sandpit that a lot of people ride at. It's so common that E.P.'s sit there all day long now. It's at the side of the highway and a rotary, and thats also where State Police park for speed trap. Anyways, I drive by with my quad in the back of my truck, honestly bringing my bike up to show the current buyer it. I pass an E.P. and a State Police Expedition. Well, I got about halfway down a heavily traveled side road (6A) and who's in my rear-view mirror? That state cop in an Expedition is haulin @$$ towards me with his lights blazin'. I pull off the into the shoulder of the road to either let him pass or pull me over. It was to pull me over. (Keep in mind I was going with the flow of "moderate" traffic, doing NOTHING wrong). S, he asks for my license and registration. Then, out of the blue he asks for the registration fo my quad. (Registration is Not required by law in MA). I said sure, figuring there was a recent stolen quad or something. I told him it was under my quads seat. He said I could get it, being really cool with me. So, as I get out I see past his Expedition. Guess who followed? The D@MN E.P.'s. They got out and started asking where I was going riding, where I just came from, where do I normally ride. I was PISSED! I started telling them that my father owns 20 acres of land, and all this B.S.to get them off my back. I don't know about other states, but in MA they can't pull you over just to check you out. It is illegal. Actually, the Environmental's can't pull over a car at all. Thats the whole reason the state cop pulled me over. So the E.P.'s could check me out. So, now that they realize I'm not causing any trouble anywhere, the cop NEEDS to find something wrong for his excuse to pull me over. Know what I got a WARNING for? Modifying my exhaust system by adding a chrome tip. Not for anything else, or anything legit. Is that B.S. or what?!!?? I would call and complain, but the Ma law states you cannot modify your exhaust system. What do you guys think? You consider that modifying? Anyways, that was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm moving to Maine in another year or so. I'll buy a bigger one then.

JOEX
02-05-2003, 11:08 PM
It's sad that they are that strict over there:( And the way they are enforcing the laws is disappointing. I hope things don't get that bad out this way.:ermm:

When you move you can tell them your tax dollars are going to another state;)

Joe

joeroadking
02-06-2003, 06:40 AM
that is such bullchit this state S U C K S ! I am so sick of beimg treated like a outlaw ,it is just a atv and the trails have been there for ever,it has really reached a new level of enforcement here, hearing similer reports all over MA. :(

660bigdaddy
02-06-2003, 06:53 AM
note to self: don't ever move to massachusetts. hey you still have your supra to fall back on. lets see some more pictures of it.

Knight440
02-06-2003, 06:56 AM
:eek: Well doesn't this just down right sux:grr Looks like no more Cape trips :rolleyes: This state is looking to cut back all we can hopefully now that there shutting down the MDC the Ep's will have to pick up there slack this summer so maybe they will be too busy chasing people in the row boat's in the Charles river with out plates:blah

skinrider440
02-06-2003, 09:31 AM
that's crazy where i live you can ride all over town if your not to loud. but the cops don't really mind it if your just cruzin around town

bigbadbrad
02-06-2003, 12:21 PM
woo hoo man good thinking move to maine. just about every one has a quad up here. and also the cops will usaulyy give ya a thumbs up if ya have a nice quad. i know the cops around me when i drove on the road to get to the trails they just wave. what part of maine you moving to? maybee we could go riding

siberthugd
02-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey bigbadbrad... I bought 50 acres up in Sherman, Me. The "Snowmobile Interstate" runs along my property. I just need to get some money to build or buy a pre-fab. house up there. Until then, I'm not moving and I can't justify keeping my quad to drive 8 hours to ride on my property in Maine. Sounds like it's the place to be. I'll let you know if and when I go. The first thing I'm going to do up there is buy a "FEW" "toys" and build a track over 3 or 4 acres... :devil I'll invite everyone. I'm not that type of prick who won't allow people on my property, provided they sign a waiver. People are way too Sue-crazy these days, LOL. Oh well, SCREW MASSACHUSETS!!!!!

bigbadbrad
02-07-2003, 01:29 PM
i live about 2 and a half hours from sherman. it is right past houlton and next to millonkit(sp). yeah i think you are talking about its 85 for the trail system that is. hopefully u will be up in maine next year in time for the international atv festivile