PDA

View Full Version : rumble on the ridge...

jcs003
09-05-2010, 03:55 AM
anyone attending "rumble on the ridge" september 18?

it will be my first time there. what should i expect?

ben300
09-05-2010, 09:48 AM
i havent attended that in about 3 years......

was alwasy a good poker run when i used to go. tons of ppl

K-Dub
09-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Pray for rain wed, thur, and friday. Rumble is a nice mix of woods, a long creek bottom, and open strip land. I went in June but gotta work next sat and cant make it. The first one of the year is the biggest one, and there is usally a few traffic jams at it, but this one should be ok as the one in june was fine. If it doesnt rain much the open parts become a dust bowl of a dirt/coal dust mix and its murder on your lungs. I try to wear a dust mask if its dusty, and a an outer wear on the air cleaner. Its a very fun trail to ride, the layout verys between 30 to 36 mile loop depending on how they have it layed out. If I didnt have to work Id be there. Have fun and ride safe.

jcs003
09-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by K-Dub
Pray for rain wed, thur, and friday. Rumble is a nice mix of woods, a long creek bottom, and open strip land. I went in June but gotta work next sat and cant make it. The first one of the year is the biggest one, and there is usally a few traffic jams at it, but this one should be ok as the one in june was fine. If it doesnt rain much the open parts become a dust bowl of a dirt/coal dust mix and its murder on your lungs. I try to wear a dust mask if its dusty, and a an outer wear on the air cleaner. Its a very fun trail to ride, the layout verys between 30 to 36 mile loop depending on how they have it layed out. If I didnt have to work Id be there. Have fun and ride safe.

sometimes dust can be vicious. its troublesome trying to see in a huge dust cloud.

i will be on a 250r. do you know anyone who rides one up there and did they make it on one tank of gas?

Brauap
09-06-2010, 07:12 AM
We USE to go, when it started but more and more people are comming and I always finding myself backed up on a trail for 2+ HOURS!!! Not worth it! Fun trails, if they could limit the retards from riding! I found another place close to ROTR called Hopedale... those are awesome! You can ride the trails as many times as your want (where with ROTR you can only ride them once) there is food along side the trail with drinks, there is a cabin along the trail to stop and take breaks, there are mud pits for you utility guys... just a much more fun place to ride IMO...

jcs003
09-06-2010, 07:21 AM
any good hillclimbs on this trail system?

wild250rman
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
went last year in September was a good time but could have been better if not for everyone of the wanna be racers who think they owned the trails. No enforcement of helmet laws and riding double, saw two girls hurt pretty bad riding double and not wearing helmets and definatally don't get turned around and head the wrong direction it would be suicide. life flight is on site in case of accidents though. can am and yamaha had atv's and utv's on site to test ride there were food breaks placed around the course for stops. Definatally dust was murder and not much mud but if it does rain to amount to anything it is great for the utility and utv guys. great place to ride but it is a poker run not a GNCC race.

C41Xracer
09-07-2010, 10:23 AM
ive been rumble on the ridge and hopedale, ill never go to rumble again. hopedale is way better

Brauap
09-07-2010, 03:28 PM
C41Xracer, EXACTLY how I feel! Hopedale is a very nice ride I think!

DnB_racing
09-07-2010, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brauap
[B] Not worth it! Fun trails, if they could limit the retards from riding!

NOT COOL!!!
I know what your saying.... but! not everyone is perfect, or a pro rider, and some riders arnt as fortunate to have there health,
but still do the best they can. its meant to be fun lets keep it that way, im sure you meant no harm just think about the way you word it, thanks

K-Dub
09-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Only the first run in april have I ever seen the traffic jams. Been to rumble 9 times.

As far as a tank of gas I have always taken my 450R and usally only use about a half a tank of fuel. As for the 250R I dont know.

woodsman250r
09-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Don't waste your time unless you enjoy traffic jams, getting stuck behind morons doing 2 mph on utilities and digging huge ruts in mud holes, seeing people riding double, no helmets, people doing wheelies and drag racing in the parking areas (with no helmets), and people drinking while riding. It's almost like a cultural gathering for "quadtards" or people who have no responsibility for their actions while riding. Majority of the people you see there give the rest of us bad names....just my observations from the past.

jcs003
09-17-2010, 06:56 AM
doesnt look like dust will be an issue tomorrow. i just hope there is some good hillclimbs.

Brauap
09-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I had gotten invited to go tomorrow.. so I'm going! Hell yeaaa! If you see a red 2001 XR250, black DR350, KX250's, a quad runner.. and a bunch of other bikes.. its us! haha

Brauap
09-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Anyone have any ride reports on Rumble? I thought it was a TOTAL BLAST! Very few people there.. the trails where open and on my second lap the trails where as hard as pavement so I flew 4th gear... most fun I had in a LONGGG time!!

jcs003
09-18-2010, 09:03 PM
i had a great time. seems like no one was hurt.

on the my second lap i noticed a bit more dust, but nothing too bad.

Brauap
09-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Oh there was quite a few people hurt! On the end of my second lap (right around 6pm I came around a corner and everyone was standing around a woman laying in the middle of the trail who had broken her back when her quad had flipped! Life flight was called in... I sure hope she is OK! :(

Minus that though.. it was a blast! I took my bike and I was able to fly though the trails because they where so smoothe and open! A great day for sure!!!

jcs003
09-19-2010, 08:07 AM
i hope she is ok.

i did one and a half laps. ran out of gas. i didnt see many people going nearly as fast as i was, but a guy on a can am 450 blew by me whan i was near the 26-28 mile mark. where that wide gravel uphill is. i must of been going 60 and he blew right by me.