PDA

View Full Version : xc2 engine build suggestions???

RideRaceLive93
09-05-2010, 12:19 AM
well could race this yeqwr i still sit here with all sorts of stitches and staples andwaht not fromgetmy quadrecep rebuilt anywhoooo.... racing xc2 in gncc this year need to start putting together a race engine what is most reliable and SMOOTH setup

i'm thinking 11.1 or 12.1 to helpkeep those bearings not too stressed already have the hc stg1 for my low grunt thinking somewhat mild port, stay with stainless valves or go titanium? staying stock valve sizes running hmf with cut lid sticking with my 13/38 gearing looking torun half 100octane half pump to keep things cool in there and its a 05 ideas suggestions very welcome still spit ballin everything

edit what are you guys running piston wise ive had really good experiences with wiseco

fastredrider44
09-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Gonna need more than that on an 05.:o

Scro
09-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Running XC2, I would say get as much power out of the head as possible. It's the most reliable source of power. If you are really serious about it, I would suggest a big bore. I would probably stick to a 480. Big bores are also a good source of reliable power. Since you are racing GNCC, I would say a Stg2 would be more suited to you. Most of the time you are going to be wide open compared to local XC. I don't know your racing history, but I think you will find out real quick that those guys don't play around, and their motors are quicker than you think. Did you race A class last year?

Dave400ex
09-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Scro XC2 has a 450CC limit. He'll have to run a stock size piston, just run like 13.5:1 or 14:1. The head will be important.

Judging from your mods in your sig your going to need a lot of things before you run XC2.

RideRaceLive93
09-06-2010, 12:51 AM
haha that sig is from last year i got a whole lot more i couldnt race atall this year stupid surgery i would love to stay pump for the reason of cost being 17 and paying for things at this level of racing is not easy, i do race a local series thats why im on a stg one but the stg 1 is an extremly under estimated camicanmakeup for a lot with gearin,but we'll see what spring brings

Scro
09-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Scro XC2 has a 450CC limit. He'll have to run a stock size piston, just run like 13.5:1 or 14:1. The head will be important.

Judging from your mods in your sig your going to need a lot of things before you run XC2.

Gotcha...For some reason I was thinking that was only XC1.

fastredrider44
09-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by RideRaceLive93
haha that sig is from last year i got a whole lot more i couldnt race atall this year stupid surgery i would love to stay pump for the reason of cost being 17 and paying for things at this level of racing is not easy, i do race a local series thats why im on a stg one but the stg 1 is an extremly under estimated camicanmakeup for a lot with gearin,but we'll see what spring brings

I have a stg 1 in one of my bikes. It does OK, but doesn't have near the power of my bike with an 05 HRC cam. You can't make up everything with gearing. I understand what you're saying about paying for things not being easy, but race gas is the least of my expenses.