PDA

View Full Version : what's with all the posers now?

quadrider
09-04-2010, 11:59 PM
anybody else getting tired of these bs people posting stuff on the you tube and such claiming to be somebody or something? like " i'm the first person in the world on a quad to shift with my pinky!, i'm sponsored by troy lee cuz i bought there gear!" i mean get real, if you been riding a quad since your 18 because your dad bought it for you after graduation and your 19 now and can jump a 20ft jump and fall off repeatedly does not make you a qfmx rider. if you only been riding a year and have no control over your quad or jumps, but can take your hands off does not mean your next step is to move to cali and hit a ramp or foam pit. I know the industry is hurting but were not helping by just letting anybody with a quad "into the industry". i don't know i guess i'm just getting turned off by these guys that don't even have enough motor skills to ride a wheelie now being called are " quad pros". and " paying your dues" does not mean getting injured because you were riding WAY OVER YOUR HEAD!!! take time to learn the basics before you become the first to "triple front flip" off your face please!

trx310R#24
09-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by quadrider
take time to learn the basics before you become the first to "triple front flip" off your face please!

lmao!! dude idk i look at it like this them morons buy the fox gear shirts and what not and that gives the companys more money to sponsor riders and stuff... idk i wouldnt let it get to you its all about having fun not worrying about what others are doing. =p just my thoughts though...

rbgnwa45
09-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Now? It's been around for a long time. Youtube is full of whiney beeitches, and it's not because they're posers, they're just stupid. When I was in high-school, I noticed a girl wearing a fox shirt, so I asked her "do you ride, or something?", she says "no, my boyfriend skateboards", as if I was implying that she had to be a part of a motorsport to wear it, and I thought it was retarded that she thought that what her boyfriend does allows her to wear motorsport-type branding. That's a poser mind for you.

mxpimp2000
09-05-2010, 12:39 AM
watch out you said "poser" I made a reply in another thread and said poser so that made me look gay from his point of view (SRH)

quadrider
09-05-2010, 01:02 AM
i guess poser is the wrong word, wannabes i guess, i mean look at the "big name" qfmx sites. you'll find guys on there that are "pros" and they say they been riding 6 months and are on a stock 450r, and guys that have been working there butts off and riding and working on stuff for 10+ years and are 1000 times better and on par with big guys like derick g or caleb and colten and they get nothing. you see what i'm saying??, we all know a billy with a backwards hat and a sleave less fox shirt with the 100hp raptor type wannabes, but there slithering into the pro ranks??

mxpimp2000
09-05-2010, 01:04 AM
post some vids i gotta see this!! LMFAO

quadrider
09-05-2010, 01:09 AM
also i rember when the new guys showed up like jon and derick or old huevos were there was a no name guy, but they made there mark and could acctully ride and make you say WOW! now it seems like there just pullling them off the streets and now i say
"wow, really?, this guy?"

Titanium
09-05-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm glad somebody finally said it! i've been noticing the past year or so the "wannabe" situation has been gettin progressively worse or maybe its because since i started college and a bunch of people i'm around claim they can ride and just like you said most of them are guys that just got their quad that their dad bough them after graduation. Anyways i've had 3 kids in the past year get in bad wrecks riding with me due to these wannabe's trying to impress everybody. One of them bein on our Freestyle setup. Kid said he had been hittin a freestyle ramp for 2 years, well turns out first time this kid jumps on a 40ft gap he locks up, candle sticks the bike resulting in him breaking his tail bone and foot....of course the next day at school he told all his buds that he was busting a seat grab and a gust of wind made him lose it. the other 2 wrecks happend with a couple of drunk ignorant cocky guys i ran into at the dunes that said they were jumpin 150+ ft...well at the time i kind of believed it due to how modded out the bikes these guys had and the gear they were wearing, well me and the guys invited them to come out with us. we found a good couple of runs to jump and it was probably a good honest 75ft jump both of these guys jumped it a few times and couldnt figure out how we were supposedly jumping so far these guys thought this 75ft jump was close to 150ft lol:macho . Anyways they decided they were goin to match the speed we were hitting it at....One of them bailed off the back of the quad in mid air and was fine. the other guy was a different story ended up endo'ing the bike down the hill and getting a tib/fib fracture and 20+ staples in hit head for being a tard and not wearing a helmet.:huh

KFX450Rrider490
09-05-2010, 08:01 AM
if only you guys could get your self in highschool for a day! its great! recon 250's can do well over a 100mph, ds 450's can outrun any car on the market and the list can go on wayyyy on. i ride with 1 kid thats annoying as hell when it comes to being an actuall rider. all he does is go on about how he can wheelie forever, ok the kid can wheelie his z400 for the life of him, then hes always got excuses why he cant, so i go and prove him wrong and its great he thinks im god because i can ride wheelie?

ben300
09-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
watch out you said "poser" I made a reply in another thread and said poser so that made me look gay from his point of view (SRH)

ya well he's a douche and takes a problem with most level headed thinking on this forum

HondaRacing83
09-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by KFX450Rrider490
if only you guys could get your self in highschool for a day! its great! recon 250's can do well over a 100mph, ds 450's can outrun any car on the market and the list can go on wayyyy on. i ride with 1 kid thats annoying as hell when it comes to being an actuall rider. all he does is go on about how he can wheelie forever, ok the kid can wheelie his z400 for the life of him, then hes always got excuses why he cant, so i go and prove him wrong and its great he thinks im god because i can ride wheelie? dude i 100% agree with that!im in 7th grade and theres these 2 like 11th graders,the has a 300ex and mojave,he says the mojave can outrun me on the trails and the 300ex will go 75,im just like wtf?then the other one has a blaster and says it will beat my 400 on the track,i just started laughing.And in the sport of bmx there is even more posers!you'll see a video on youtube and the title says "insane crazy bmx!"and it turns its a 10 year old on a walmart bike jumping a 6"kicker