PDA

View Full Version : Decision Time, HELP

TJ Bradley
09-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Alright, so i have a few trades working right now on one of my nice street bikes for another Quad. I have 2 05 Mx set up Trx's and i love them.
I can trade for another Honda thats fully built or i can trade for a 09 Can Am Ds450 with only 5 hours on it. It has a few mods But it has stock suspension. So id have to dump a bunch of money into it to race it.
So heres the question have any of yall rode the Ds450? How do they compare in stock form to a pretty built honda. Hows the power? Hows the suspenion and handling? I dont know what to do.
I mean i can trade for another 05 trx which i dont know exactly what im gettin into. Or do i trade for a brand new bike that ive never rode. I just wanna know how the Ds450's stack up. Kinda a stupid post lol, but Thanks for any input or information.

440ex. ehhh!!
09-05-2010, 07:44 AM
the DS450 is race ready right from the dealer. thats how CanAms are built.
so i would say there wont be any need in doing anything to it.
just my $0.02

4reeds
09-05-2010, 10:52 AM
which model of ds is it? either way I would go with the ds.

TJ Bradley
09-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Its just the base model DS. The two hondas im lookin at are completely decked out and both fresh built motors. Whats your reasoning for the DS?

Balaz_73*00
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Id get the DS for no other reason than you already have two mx trx's. Id keep it as a trail bike and slowly build it at a leisure pace.

4reeds
09-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by TJ Bradley
Its just the base model DS. The two hondas im lookin at are completely decked out and both fresh built motors. Whats your reasoning for the DS? my reason was because you have two 450s already and you said you didn't really know what you would be getting into with the other trx. I think for an 09ds with a few hours you could be pretty sure it would be a good quad.

TJ Bradley
09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
The only thing really is its got stock suspension. Im hard on my trx frames and theyre both LT axis bikes. If i get the Ds ill have to dump more money into before i could race. Id love to try the Ds but im leaning more towards another trx.

And both of my trx's right now are blown all to hell. Like all the way down to new case halves. I had some horrible luck at the beginning of this season. lol