PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried out the e3 sparkplug in there machine??

ballerchaos
09-04-2010, 09:20 AM
I was looking into trying one of these out, they say to use a e3.36 any reviews or suggestions ???

tEXas400
09-05-2010, 12:40 PM
what is the e3

Wheelie
09-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Don't waste your money, they are a gimmick and garbage. Stick with NGK.

tEXas400
09-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Wheelie

wheelie, i would like to see what your bike looks like

Wheelie
09-05-2010, 01:43 PM
These are the most recent pics I have, the rear tires are different now.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/Theyak777/DSCF0114.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/Theyak777/DSCF0113.jpg

PaRedneckRiders
09-05-2010, 01:45 PM
These are the most recent pics I have, the rear tires are different now.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/Theyak777/DSCF0114.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/Theyak777/DSCF0113.jpg
Wow i like it, ive always liked the silver plastic ive got silver maier racecuts on mine

440ex. ehhh!!
09-05-2010, 02:47 PM

they proved it on one of the car shows on spike, i cant remember which one, either Muscle Car, or on Trucks. they used a see through cylinder and showed NGK and E3 at the same time. E3 was noticeably better because it dispersed the explosion over a larger area, where NGK plugs fire in a narrow pathway downward.

tEXas400
09-05-2010, 04:06 PM
hell yes man, very cool

just right i would say, i hate when people take it to far and start puttin stickers and unmatched color schemes all over their bikes
I put my stickers inside of my airbox so they are hidden

i really dont like about 75% of the 400EXs ive seen on these forums

that guy thumpin440EX has got a bad *** bike tho

ballerchaos
09-05-2010, 04:51 PM
ok i dun know if i am gunna try it or not.

GPracer2500
09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by 440ex. ehhh!!
they proved it on one of the car shows on spike...

:p

ish416
09-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I believe you may have seen the clip about Pulstar plugs. They had then dyno test them on Horsepower TV on Spike.

Here is a link to the video and about the plugs. (http://www.pulstar.com/horsepowertv.htm)

I have seen these plugs actually add almost 11hp on a Nissan 350Z and actually lose power on a Mitsubishi Evo 9. I was there for the baseline runs on the dyno and watched the guys switch out the plugs and put the car back on the same dyno and do the runs.

It was actually very impressive for just spark plugs. However, not all vehicles will see any gain from these.

I have not ran these in any of my quads and I am not sure if they even make them for it. I will be sticking with the proven NGKs that I have been running for years.

I may try running these in my Camaro at some point but not until I see someone run these in a nitrous car to see what happens.

jcs003
09-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by ish416
I believe you may have seen the clip about Pulstar plugs. They had then dyno test them on Horsepower TV on Spike.

Here is a link to the video and about the plugs. (http://www.pulstar.com/horsepowertv.htm)

I have seen these plugs actually add almost 11hp on a Nissan 350Z and actually lose power on a Mitsubishi Evo 9. I was there for the baseline runs on the dyno and watched the guys switch out the plugs and put the car back on the same dyno and do the runs.

It was actually very impressive for just spark plugs. However, not all vehicles will see any gain from these.

I have not ran these in any of my quads and I am not sure if they even make them for it. I will be sticking with the proven NGKs that I have been running for years.

I may try running these in my Camaro at some point but not until I see someone run these in a nitrous car to see what happens.

DONT USE THEM. i tried them in my cadillac CTS-V. they were great at first. noticed power gain. my exhaust temps raised some and got better throttle response. BUT, after a week i was having issues. it ran funny and fried one of my coil packs. after my mechanic replaced that which wasnt cheap it acted up again. he pulled the plugs and found them to be coming apart. after about $1000 in repairs i put the OEM plugs back in and got a refund from pulstar for the plugs and the repairs. i threatened them with legal action. they ultimatly only refunded me about $800. i definitly learned a lesson. but someone has to be the guinie pig i guess.

440ex. ehhh!!
09-06-2010, 08:31 AM
nope, that wasn't it. and i haven't ever heard of Pulstar till now either. the video WAS about E3's

fearlessfred
09-06-2010, 09:41 AM
i believe the e3 were tested on a ls1 motor in the dyno room on horse power and there was a gain in horsepower.on a single cylinder motor i dont think the gains would be measurable.and on what jcs003 said about running plugs other than oem in late model cars is true. i would only run oem

09RappySe
09-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
on a single cylinder motor i dont think the gains would be measurable.

I have been running one in my raptor for a while (E3.38) and have not noticed any more gain than the iridium plug provided that I usually run, but no ill effects either. I know the motors are different, I just thought I would add my experience with them.

fearlessfred
09-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by 09RappySe
I have been running one in my raptor for a while (E3.38) and have not noticed any more gain than the iridium plug provided that I usually run, but no ill effects either. I know the motors are different, I just thought I would add my experience with them.
i wasnt suggesting there would be any problems running them in our atvs. ( just to clarify ) just in the late model cars with individule coil packs, anything but oem seems to mess them up. i wander if anybody else is running the e3

matts27
09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Been running an E3 in my 400ex. Idles better than a 3 month old NGK. My quad valve seals are beat so it burns some oil, 1/8th a quart a day, and after a season the NGK is fouled bad. Haven't pulled the E3 yet to check it since I've only gotten one good day on it so far, but using a 5/8 plug wrench is a plus so I'll check it after the next ride.