PDA

View Full Version : anyone shipped a trx450r frame ??

250rrr
09-03-2010, 08:33 AM
im selling a frame and subframe ....anyone shipped one ? whats the best way and do you have dimensions ???

thanks,mike!!

Scro
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I've done it a couple times. The subframe will fit, sort of, inside the main frame. This will help keep the dimensions to a minimum. I personally would wrap each one in either bubblewrap or newspaper, and then put them in a box. I would also pack the box with more newspaper, or styrofoam. I've also heard of people just wrapping it up in bubblewrap and shrink wrap, and sending it that way (without a box). They've all had good luck that way. It takes alot to damage a frame to the point it can't be used. The main thing you're trying to prevent is surface damage.

nskukalek79
09-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I've received and shipped out a main frame with just saran wrap. I just use a lot of it and then place the shipping label on top of the frame then do a few more wraps around to keep it safe and sound. I don't remember how much it was to ship but it wasn't expensive.

Chino886
09-09-2010, 09:59 AM
I've spent between $75-$100 using Fedex. As suggested before, put the sub inside the main and then tape saran wrap it. I put cardboard sections on top, bottom, and sides for added protection.

09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
cut the frame into little sections, small enough to fit into a shock box. tape it and send it. thats the cheapest way to send a frame. it works out good to if you don't know the guy you just sold it too.