PDA

View Full Version : East VS West motocross youth riders

d1g888
09-03-2010, 07:46 AM
I had a parent call me and try to tell me how much faster the kids in motocross are out west than what the kids are in the east. I no everytime we have gone to Cal. the kids from the east finish in the top spot 90% of the time. I no a couple kids from out west that are awesome riders. What do yall think.

ITP Factory Support
Stan Digby
662-891-7684

TTracer#22
09-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Being from the West Coast in my opinion the racing is different out here. I myself have been lucky enough to experience the Extreme Dirt Track Nationals side of racing on the East Coast and the kids there are much faster than here on the west coast with the exception of a few. We do have some very fast kids that race mx although the fastest kids out here follow the WORCS Series which consist of little mx and offroad mix 40 min moto andwhere from 2 -5 miles I beleive we have a few kids out here the would do quite well at the nationals.

JMHO

Have a great day

Ride1Rob
09-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Why even debate it?

raidernut
09-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by d1g888
I had a parent call me and try to tell me how much faster the kids in motocross are out west than what the kids are in the east. I no everytime we have gone to Cal. the kids from the east finish in the top spot 90% of the time. I no a couple kids from out west that are awesome riders. What do yall think.

ITP Factory Support
Stan Digby
662-891-7684

a kid is a kid, and it doesnt matter if you live east west north or south, if your fast your fast, if your not your not, has absolutely no bearing on where you are raised. Sounds like this guy that called you is an idiot. And stan i dont know about the 90% thing your saying, as when the nationals came once a year to CA, not to many from the west were interested. I know we went the last time you did, and i believe we came out on top:D

riding4fun
09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Why even debate it?

X2.

LT80
09-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Why even debate it?

I very much agree!!!

It's not till they get on big quads that the westies get slow.:devil: :D j/k

desratt
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I think it is only the faster riders that are willing to travel to the other coast which ever it is..
example.. I don't think chris borich would have shown up in wa if he didn't think he would do good..
ok maybe a bad example but if some one is traveling that far they are usually pretty serious and good.

d1g888
09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
a kid is a kid, and it doesnt matter if you live east west north or south, if your fast your fast, if your not your not, has absolutely no bearing on where you are raised. Sounds like this guy that called you is an idiot. And stan i dont know about the 90% thing your saying, as when the nationals came once a year to CA, not to many from the west were interested. I know we went the last time you did, and i believe we came out on top:D

Your kid is one of the kids i'm talking about being fast.
Ya'll won your class and we won our class.
Your not going to hear me say anything bad about your kid or you because i've always admired how ya'll race and the way ya'll do things.

This parent that called me was talking about sponcership and was saying that kids out west where way faster than the kids out east.

Just asking what people thought.

mini
09-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Iv wondered this myself about east vs west but i can tell you there some very fast kids here in washington state ... one of them scares me:D

raidernut
09-03-2010, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by d1g888
Your kid is one of the kids i'm talking about being fast.
Ya'll won your class and we won our class.
Your not going to hear me say anything bad about your kid or you because i've always admired how ya'll race and the way ya'll do things.

This parent that called me was talking about sponcership and was saying that kids out west where way faster than the kids out east.

Just asking what people thought. [/QUOTE

I know what you mean stan.I was just kiddin with you. Just kind of idiotic on his part to call you and tell you something dumb like that when you have one of the fastest kids back east. Right now out here people are more worried about losing their jobs and houses than they are about racing.

raidernut
09-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by mini
Iv wondered this myself about east vs west but i can tell you there some very fast kids here in washington state ... one of them scares me:D

OUCH!! that will make a dad nervous!!

mini
09-04-2010, 10:32 AM
lets see those pics of the east coast kids... 12 and under.

coffing918
09-04-2010, 11:53 AM
JJ Coffing from New Jersey 6 yrs old here
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/juuey/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
6 years old
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/juuey/jjdutchman-1-1-1.jpg
7 years old
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/juuey/yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg

qcitytile
09-04-2010, 06:25 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2r2vjpu.jpg

LT80
09-05-2010, 07:17 AM
"Michael Mussi Jr 12 yrs old. Got bored with the mini's went to a built trx300ex. He runs the 13 to 16 Schoolboy class and always wins it."
I'm sure your competitors will be interested in that tid bit..LMAO

Yep, Mx and kids can skeer ya, but go TT'ing! Watching your lil one go 60 mph really makes your butt pucker.:D

hanker
09-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Yep, Mx and kids can skeer ya, but go TT'ing! Watching your lil one go 60 mph really makes your butt pucker.

Thank you Mr. Moore. Sometimes he makes more then my butt pucker.:eek2: :huh

mushinracing
09-05-2010, 08:14 AM
the east coast just has more mx riders than the west coast. so naturally the east coast will be a liltte faster all the way around due to numbers. they are laid back out west and would rather ride in the sand and stuff than compete mx nationally. i personally feel they dont want to know the truth or they would show up to lorettas and find out. one thing i will say about guys on the west coast they are the nicest people you have ever met. But pound for pound rider for rider the east will always come out on top. and if you want to talk smack i will bring the game to the west coast with our national champs from the east and we can just find out then. and will do it in your back yard. The east will always own mx on 4 wheels and on 2. RESPECT IT

desratt
09-05-2010, 09:11 AM
come out west we have some good races out here..we love haveing people withsome east coast experience come out here..
we really enjoyed the new world atv mx series last year
www.worldmxracing.com
there was some good tallent from back east there.. I for one thouroughly enjoyed getting spanked by a woman c class rider..and she did the entire series traveling from PA.

Logan #34's Dad
09-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by mushinracing
and if you want to talk smack i will bring the game to the west coast with our national champs from the east and we can just find out then. and will do it in your back yard. The east will always own mx on 4 wheels and on 2. RESPECT IT

Hey Scott, Logan was not a National Champ but we all know whats up. We're in! Woooooooooooo!

d1g888
09-05-2010, 12:41 PM
there is another reason i brought this up to show someone why we need a true National Championship. Run a 3 moto format at LL and let the best win male or female.

LT80
09-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by d1g888
there is another reason i brought this up to show someone why we need a true National Championship. Run a 3 moto format at LL and let the best win male or female.

Oh Geeeez......not another fantasy thread about race series'.

IMO: It's not about talent, it's about the money game and who's dad has enough money to make it happen.
Tell someone that Stan. :)

mushinracing
09-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Oh Geeeez......not another fantasy thread about race series'.

IMO: It's not about talent, it's about the money game and who's dad has enough money to make it happen.
Tell someone that Stan. :)

hey grandpa this is 2010 and im here to tell ya money is only a fraction of it ya gotta to have a rider with alot of talent to win a title now days. come watch a race every now and then and you will see.guys like digby,horton, by far didnt get their titles with money they got them with talent and little luck.

hanker
09-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
Lt80 going 60mph on a flat track makes your butt pucker. LMAO
Trying going 60 mph plus thru a whooped out field and hitting a hillclimb that's straight up with rutts and roots and rocks all over it, then mix in a few stuck quads into the picture. Now that may make your old but pucker but it's nothing to this 12 yr old, who isn't even old enough to be there but HE is! And his butt isn't puckering!!
And his competitors hate to see him show up!

I thought this was a 0-90cc forum. Not a 0-300cc forum.

LT80
09-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad

And his competitors hate to see him show up!

I noticed the same thing when we (my daughter) pulled into the tracks.

We were talking about the parents butt puckering as we watched the kids. :)

Logan #34's Dad
09-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Scott, Money does make the quad (all racing) world go around. Their are many fast "could be - National Champion -" kids sitting at home or just doing locals because their parents cannot afford to do the whole National thing to become a Champion. Plus it takes a LOT of money to make a winning quad. Then when the kid moves up the quad cost become stupid! 90 mods/ Super mini's for $12,000 plus! DUMB! I can buy a full on race 450 for less money. Youth Builders know that parents will spend $ for Lil Johnny to beat lil Billy.
Oh yeah, LUCK is more important than any other factor.
Most likely, That will be the case for us next year. I cannot afford a new RV and race too. Ole' Betsy (RV) has seen better days. LOL.

hey grandpa this is 2010 and im here to tell ya money is only a fraction of it ya gotta to have a rider with alot of talent to win a title now days. come watch a race every now and then and you will see.guys like digby,horton, by far didnt get their titles with money they got them with talent and little luck.

hanker
09-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Scott, Money does make the quad (all racing) world go around. Their are many fast "could be - National Champion -" kids sitting at home or just doing locals because their parents cannot afford to do the whole National thing to become a Champion. Plus it takes a LOT of money to make a winning quad. Then when the kid moves up the quad cost become stupid! 90 mods/ Super mini's for $12,000 plus! DUMB! I can buy a full on race 450 for less money. Youth Builders know that parents will spend $ for Lil Johnny to beat lil Billy.
Oh yeah, LUCK is more important than any other factor.
Most likely, That will be the case for us next year. I cannot afford a new RV and race too. Ole' Betsy (RV) has seen better days. LOL.

Hell I thinking the same thing. Why I'm I about $18,000 poorer since my son started racing.

STOCKRACING917
09-06-2010, 07:05 AM
I am so glad, Rocky , that we aren't the only people who recognize luck has alot to do with it. This year was the stiffest competition we saw in the four years we have been doing this. The cvt class had great riders on great machines. The top ten could be shaken up at any given time and always was... when you get to those factors, you gotta figure in the luck factor. It makes great races to watch but can be highly frustrating if you don't have it. What a year. All those kids rode their hearts out, had a great time and are safe. So at our house we count it a great year. See you guys soon.

zach R 7x
09-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Hey Scott, Logan was not a National Champ but we all know whats up. We're in! Woooooooooooo!

Hey Rocky, We're in also ! Can we catch a ride with you in " Ole Betsy " ? LOL!! :D

Logan #34's Dad
09-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Only if you pay the tow bill back to Ohio! :blah:

LT80
09-06-2010, 10:14 AM

I got your grandpa dude.........:muscle: :D

OK, I have available the worlds fastest woman atv racer.
She isn't racing. Why? Plain and simple, money.
Any one out there got a spare 20-40k?

Ask Stan what he's got into his fleet of chain breaking Cobra's. LMAO :devil:
And now that Mr.Peterson is out of the picture, it's a posibility that ITP may bail. This could be trouble for Young master Digby.
Let's hope for the best.
I do give Jordan and all the riders all the credit they deserve.

d1g888
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
We have a great race team at Digby Racing because our big sponcers have been with us the hole way. They have stuck with us and we have stuck with them. Whether anyone no's i use to be pretty good at racing mx. Luckly i had some good sponcers and when my kid came along they helped him out.

Thanks to all out sponcers that have been with us from the beginning
Chris Grissom Racing
Pittman Racing
Quinn Motorsports
Media Allstars
Rath Racing
Tittle Brother Racing
Fly Racing
Bigdaddy Motorsports
Xplicit Motorsports
JB Racing
Morehead Motorsports

Thanks to all the new sponcers this year
Triple A Powersports
Motowoz
FTR

Special thanks to our mechanice
Keith

Ryko racing
09-07-2010, 07:14 AM
rocky, we need a ride too. Our Powerstroke is still at the ford dealer in Nashville from Lorettas.

CAN ANYONE SAY DURAMAX...............

Our Ford was really FOUND ON ROAD DEAD.....

As far as racers go maybe we can have a race near the middle, I know there are some decent track near Cedar Rapids.

East vs west challenge would be fun...... just a thought.

QuadJunkies
09-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Plain and simple, money.
Any one out there got a spare 20-40k?

Ask Stan what he's got into his fleet of chain breaking Cobra's. LMAO :devil:
And now that Mr.Peterson is out of the picture, it's a posibility that ITP may bail. This could be trouble for Young master Digby.
Let's hope for the best.
I do give Jordan and all the riders all the credit they deserve.
I agree 100% on this one.
20G's ?? haha! Were gonna need alot more than that ! Thats just for travel alone ! LOL!
Talent is a big part of the game, but so is money.Money can help create alot of the talent and more time on the track and trainers ect.. . I know my Sons taken a fallen back this year due to both issues. All I can say is we do what we can and just deal with it .

Whos faster than who??

I personally could care less whos side of the coast is faster.
The "my kid is faster than yours" is another I cannot stand ,neither do the promoters actually . Ive been the pit parent for 9 years and when I see this stuff it really chaps me. I refuse to be a part of that crap. It proves absolutely NOTHING. The debate itself is really pointless IMO . As mentioned, we dont have nearly as many racing here as on the East ,but I think more COULD be racing if travel wasnt so expensive.
We would race a GNCC and an MX in a heartbeat if it wasnt so expensive to travel.
As Mark mentioned, so many right now focusing on time with family that doesnt cost money and just thankful they can put food on the table

And just for the record... West coast DO have some fast riders and it was proven at the last WORCS race with our Pros .:D Dont cut us short, we have plenty of talent here .

desratt
09-17-2010, 09:57 AM
both coasts have such different types of racing even an mx course on the west coast is different then an mx course on the east... it would just be fun to meet each other and share in some good times..

coffing918
09-17-2010, 10:43 AM
It really shouldnt matter who side is faster, just that after every race ur child comes home safe and sound!!!win or loose

QuadJunkies
09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by desratt
both coasts have such different types of racing even an mx course on the west coast is different then an mx course on the east... it would just be fun to meet each other and share in some good times.. Amen to that !