PDA

View Full Version : 1992 250x need help

mdt75crazy
09-03-2010, 12:19 AM
hey there, i have a 1992 250x and just put a new clutch kit in it, since the old one gave out when my buddy was riding it. now when i try to accelerate the right side tire spins faster then the left. when i try to do goose it or pop a wheelie it pulls me hard to the left... and i can feel some sort of drag from the clutch or something when taking off or goosing it. . plus it is hard to get into reverse now....this was my first time changing a clutch. did i do something wrong or could there be a different problem?

it seems it is adjusted ok, the clutch cable arm on the clutch cover is far out as it can go. i only got to ride it for maybe 5 or 10 mins
does the new clutch jus need to be broke in?

wilkin250r
09-03-2010, 07:33 AM
What kind of 250X are we talking about?!?

The Honda TRX250X is a solid rear axle. The right tire can't spin faster than the left. The only reason it would pull to the left is if you have different size tires on it, or one tire is inflated more than the other.

mdt75crazy
09-03-2010, 12:45 PM
figured out that my rear wheel hub is stripped out :(

wilkin250r
09-03-2010, 08:49 PM
The hub is aluminum, softer than the steel axle. So I imagine the hub is stripped, but he axle splines are likely in good shape.

Next hub you put on, make sure that castle nut is on TIGHT.

mdt75crazy
09-04-2010, 12:02 AM
got real lucky and got a used hub from a local quad shop for $35. the axle is a lil wore but will have to do for now and i tightened her down real good. and got rid of the extra lil play. then after a few hours of riding... my homemade clutch cover gasket made from a roll of cork gasket material gave way...bummer ...i spent like 4 hours making that thing lol. luckily i caught the leak before it was to late...especially since it was dark out.