PDA

View Full Version : 50cc fuel mix

svtctr
09-02-2010, 08:59 PM
not running oil injection as there was no oil canister when i got it,is there something i should eliminate or plug or adjust or modify to keep it running good?

and

what is everyones recommended fuel mix? using what grade fuel and from what i read use AMSOIL, is there only one 2-cycle oil they carry?

Brian

mmsoup
09-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Welcome to mini quad purgatory. You are here until your kids move on or you freak out and buy a thumper. The good news is that if you enjoy tuning and tweeking motors these two stroke CVT's will offer you ample opportunity to practice!

The Clutch bells look OK the Rear pulleys look nearly new The front variator sliders look good and the rollers don't appear to be flat spotted.

The gentleman that suggested a new 1000 RPM torque spring for each is spot on and I would replace the belts just for peace of mind. We race ours and a broken belt can ruin a day.

Run your pre mix at 32:1 for good oiling 36:1 for a good balance between performance and good lubrication 40:1 for best performance. I have always run 36:1 and have never had an oiling problem. Use a quality oil like Maxima 927 (Warmer Months) Klotz R50 etc etc. Do you have two cables running from the throttle or one? The oil injectors are inside the right side case cover and are probably already blocked off.

The CVT can cause problems that appear to be fuel/air related (bogging) and so can loss of compression on the topend.
Check your compression on each cylinder and it should be above say 120 lbs stock.
The Torque spring matched to say 3 - 3.5 gm rollers on a 50 should be a good place to start. They balance each other so keep the spring and adjust roller weight to determine best tune for the CVT. The best tune will allow the engine to rev quickly and maintain full RPM while running through the gears. You should hear a rise in RPM's then a slight dip followed by a steady high RPM tone near max RPM.

The spark plug should be a tan color when your fuel mix is correct. White/Gray is real bad and oily is not good but won't hurt motor. You check the plug by warming the motor then running it at the desired throttle position for a bit (1/4, 1/2, full) and pulling the kill swith without adjusting the throttle position. So have your pilot run by at full throttle and pull the kill switch and check the color of the plug.

Good luck and keep coming backDo you have twocables running from the throttle or one?

svtctr
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
i do have two cables but the lower one for the oil injection just hangs, is there something i should do with the cable since im running premixed

mmsoup
09-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Go to G-Force Powersports or Hot Quads and order a single cable and eliminate the second cable.

It will lighten the pull on the throttle for your youngsters as well.

svtctr
09-09-2010, 12:15 PM
what will eliminating this cable do for me as far as performance goes?

and could you send me a link to the correct carb