PDA

View Full Version : How to become a moderator

slamdak8782
09-02-2010, 08:35 PM
How do I become a moderator ive been here for a while. I want to be a mod. Just wondering

J.B.
09-03-2010, 07:44 AM
lol

Honda 250r 001
09-03-2010, 08:02 AM
lmao

Its not as simple as just being on the site a lot, and saying "i want to be a moderator". Im sure someone else will let you know how complicated it is, and how much time it takes.

troybilt
09-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Ask Scro, he was just added to the moderator group a few months ago. I have no idea what the process is or you have to "know"... :rolleyes:

Scro
09-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Obviously, you have to have a little experience on the boards. The forum administrators have to put a certain level of trust into you, as you will have passwords and such. In order to gain that trust, it takes time. Secondly, "if u r some1 that komes on here typen like this", you could probably count yourself out. I was just joking about being a moderator in one of Pappy's threads. The next thing I know, I had a fancy avatar and the keys to the penthouse.:devil: I spend ALOT of time on here...more than my boss knows, and more than my fiancee likes. It really is like a part-time job. If my name wasn't hidden, you would think this was my full-time job:eek2:

wilkin250r
09-03-2010, 08:23 PM
And historically, we've never accepted anybody that "wants" to be a moderator.

We always view it as, if you're looking and asking to be a mod, you're power-hungry. And those aren't the type of mods we're looking for.

We select the mods based on your history, your attitude towards other members, and your contribution to the boards. And if you've been here long enough, you made somebody angry, and we look at how you handle those situations as well.

slamdak8782
09-03-2010, 09:06 PM
ok whatever I really dont care i just thought id ask. I kinda wondered who decided that. Also Im not power hungry Im just on here a lot and Id like to move some stuff into the sticky section once in a while thats all. I really dont see alot of issues on here with people disrespecting each other. I also have often wondered who was the first mod who made this site and how it all started. I just found it one day and have been hooked ever since. I figured well im on here everyday so why not be a mod. Thats all. Also I figured if Scro can be a mod then there isnt much going into the selection process.

atvmxr
09-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by slamdak8782
Also I figured if Scro can be a mod then there isnt much going into the selection process.

you just failed your entrance exam... LOL

besides I've been here longer than you and Im not a mod, so wait your turn :D

Im a mod on a small little site we have setup for my local truck club and that is a task. I couldnt imagine it here with 50 something different sections..

Pumashine
09-03-2010, 10:01 PM
ok whatever I really dont care i just thought id ask. Also I figured if Scro can be a mod then there isnt much going into the selection process.

You might be qualified after 6000-8000 posts that do not bend people the wrong way, are benficial to the site, and give good advice to all who visit here.

Looks like you might have a couple thousand more posts to do. LOL! and don't take that the wrong way.

slamdak8782
09-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah I guess that will be a task for me because I think I will bend somebody the wrong way at least 1 out of every 25 posts so oh well guess I wont be mod really breaks my heart.

Ruf Racing
09-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah I guess that will be a task for me because I think I will bend somebody the wrong way at least 1 out of every 25 posts so oh well guess I wont be mod really breaks my heart.

And besides, it's much more fun this way. :cool:

09-04-2010, 04:52 PM
This thread cracks me up! :D

slamdak8782
09-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Agreed I consider myself shunned. I'm an outlaw now sweet. Maybe I should come back as screen name outlaw or maybe jesse james or maybe hitler since I'm so power hungry. Maybe I should come back as obama.:D

troybilt
09-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Agreed I consider myself shunned. I'm an outlaw now sweet. Maybe I should come back as screen name outlaw or maybe jesse james or maybe hitler since I'm so power hungry. Maybe I should come back as obama.:D

Sounds more like Hillary Clinton to me... haha...

I'm not exactly sure what a moderator does, but if I had to be on this site more than I am now, ...I think I would get fired from my day job...

Pumashine
09-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
but if I had to be on this site more than I am now, ...I think I would get fired from my day job...

LOL, now ain't that the truth. I don't think Mods have all that extra time we do to work on and play with their toys.

1promodfan
09-05-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm a moderator over on www.everything2stroke.com and let me say it takes a lot of dedication. Its not as easy as just "moderating". You have to have a level head and know how to deal with certain situations. You can't be a "hot head" of let emotions get in the way. I admire the moderators that are on different sites.

And to slamdak8782, one approach would have been to send PM to one of the other moderators. You making it public puts a big target on your back.

slamdak8782
09-05-2010, 06:51 PM
I realize that now it really wasn't my intention. But oh well. If anyone else wants to be a mod don't ask. Just post 9000 posts. I prefer quality over quantity. If I need a question answered I search it which is why my post count is low. Also I prefer to do rather than dream. So I'm pretty sure you can tell by my posts this is the case. However no skin off my back ill continue to enjoy the site as a non mod. Not a big deal to me. I don't throw arrows I'm the one with the target on my back. So to those who want to throw arrows have fun. I don't care I'm going ridin.:macho

09-05-2010, 09:03 PM
how can i become a mod i have a few posts there good posts i ride fast and my quad is fast too i think i would be a good mod who do i see

The next day...

well i don't want to be a mod anyways screw that i think there dumb too i don't like that either i'm gonna go ridin and build some frames if they are mods i dont wanna be a mod later

:huh

slamdak8782
09-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Well your from Michigan I expect that.

09-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Well your from Michigan I expect that.

Let us know how those frames go. I'll call Walsh and tell them to get ready for some stiff competition.

red88r
09-06-2010, 10:11 AM
LMFAO!!!

pdxbigfoot
09-06-2010, 12:32 PM
This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate.

TheIceMan
09-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate.

try saying that 10 times really fast :bandit:
lol

mxduner
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. :devil:

Nac's22
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by TheIceMan
try saying that 10 times really fast :bandit:
lol

This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate. This thread about becoming a moderator is turning into a thread that the moderators moderate.

Next task! lol :blah:

Pumashine
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Nac's22
Next task! lol :blah:

This site is more humorous than I originally gave it credit for! I read somewhere if the post did not pertain to something concerning the 250r a mod would delete it. I guess I am wrong.

It seems rule #1 has been violated more than once. You guys should not make fun of a guy with less than 1000 posts.

slamdak8782 is relatively new to the boards. That does not give you the right to slam him. He was just asking a simple question.
We was not asking to be ridiculed. He is trying to build 250r stuff and may not know everything. But we all have to learn something sometime or another.

Building frames is best left to shops with all the knowlegde of what it is going to take. Building Polonda's is a real tuff thing to do without all the right shop equipment. But if you look at Dave Moore, he has built Polonda's, frames, websites, and anything else he can to promote the sport.

DMR racing started with the same thing, a kid asking all the same questions. Why isn't there some one to help me build a great bike? You send your motor off to some big name. You wait forever and when you finally get it together, it blows up on you.

I give slamdak8782 credit becuase he is really trying. Maybee he does not have what it takes to make a difference now. But give him a couple years and he might be building aftermarket frames for the rest of us. JMO!

atv fan 28
09-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Well said Pumashine.