PDA

View Full Version : typhoon steering stem

250rrr
09-02-2010, 08:52 AM
heys guys
is there another stem that will work ????? drr apex kasea ???

thanks,mike

Ride1Rob
09-02-2010, 11:22 AM
The way it's designed I doubt it. Your only option is welding it or ChassisInc.

zrydr
01-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I dont want to sound unintelligent but, if you weld the stem together to get rid of the play how would you ever get it out again?

Also how do you get the cassisfab one in the bike it looks like the stem goes through the neck like a dirt bike not just held to the frame like a big quad?

Sorry if this is obvious to others but im confused.

Ride1Rob
01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
The stem is two pieces and seperates. The top section gets removed from the top as the bottom has to be loosened from the bolt underneath the frame. The ChassisInc setup is a two piece as well but is a chromoly stem with a better design which equals no more play between the two pieces. If you weld the stocker together you can't remove it unless you cut it out and that's a headache lol.

zrydr
01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok thats what i was seeing also, but all the pics ive seen of the cassisfab one it too looked one piece thats why I wasnt sure.
With it being two piece I fully understand.
Thanks Rob

leager-n-ky
01-04-2011, 06:15 PM
If you just " TACK WeLd " it in two, or three spots, it will eliminate the slop, and you can just hit the tack spots with a grinder if you need to remove it.

On the other hand, if we had it to do all over again, we would have used the Chassis Inc products.

lem dad
01-05-2011, 05:04 AM
You can also drill and tap the stem where it goes together this will help