PDA

View Full Version : DeCoster and Suzuki part ways, wow

Brad77
09-02-2010, 08:11 AM
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/suzuki-news-farewell-to-roger-decoster.aspx

Makes you wonder....Is this just a different opportunity for DeCoster, or is this a crewmember jumping off a sinking ship?
hmmm

Guy400
09-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Pretty surprising, no doubt. How does Suzuki fill those shoes?

k4f5x0r
09-02-2010, 09:21 AM
He may be following dungey and wherever dungey goes. Hopefully.

SRH
09-02-2010, 11:08 AM
san manuel to work with bubba:chinese:

Guy400
09-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SRH
san manuel to work with bubba:chinese: LOL...I thought the same thing. That's his big "F.U." to Suzuki. :D

lem dad
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
rumor is KTM

Baracudaaa
09-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Rumor is Zuk is pulling out of racing and leaving it in the hands of Rockstar/Yoshi/makita, and DeCoster is off to join KTM, and once again be Mike Alessis' boss.

Also hear that Mike Alessi FINALLY told Tony to get the fok off his race team. If he can get DeCoster to guide him without the BS and paranoia from Tony, sounds like Mike might once again be running for a possible championship.

Rumor---- being said that Dungee has a contract clause that he can negate the business relationship with suzuki if certian people are not being employed by zuk???? Does that mean no DeCoster=no Dungee on a yellow bike?????????

Its crazy to see this happen to the Bike world, and can only begin to speculate on what ramifications it will have on the Suzuki ATV racing world :( Maybe everyone will be doing it Joe Byrd stile and driving a van from race to race!!!!!!

Tommy 17
09-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I know suzuki is really hurting in the auto industry right now. Its very possible they are outta cash!

CADWELL
09-02-2010, 06:05 PM
I think I heard somewhere that Suzuki is pulling out of Atv racing.

icecreammaker
09-02-2010, 07:37 PM
already did,

zuki boys on yosh honda's next year,

mxduner
09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
some rumors i have collected in this matter. ktm is a big rumor as mentioned already. he wanted a 3 yr. contract and zuki only offered 1 yr. also zuk couldn't pay rd5 his performance bonus, so if true i bet they are out of racing after 2011.

interesting thing i read on twitter from reed

Lot of people think I left Suzuki for the "money" fact is many things were changing there and it wasn't possible for me to stay...over the next few weeks people will see why I chose to leave...

also thor and reed have parted ways.

SRH
09-02-2010, 08:53 PM
i highly doubt there will be a suzuki atv team next yr

Brad77
09-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by SRH
i highly doubt there will be a suzuki atv team next yr

I am thinking the same thing. DeCoster has been such a huge part of Zuki racing. Him leaving must mean big changes are taking place.

hsr
09-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by icecreammaker
already did,

zuki boys on yosh honda's next year,

u mean creamer and wimmer on hondas?

icecreammaker
09-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by hsr

:devil:

muddy400EX
09-03-2010, 08:20 PM
its wierd suzuki of all teams is crashing. theyve been on top for awhile now. rc, then reed with outdoors, then dungey got two in a row. what the hell is going on:(

300racer
09-03-2010, 11:00 PM
zuk did this with atv's last year. they pulled there support and the riders are just rockstar maketa yosh riders now. i thought. but if they are pulling out of mx and sx racing they must be hurting. hope it's not true but not looking good. why don't they pull out of some other form of racing? i never understood why honda yamaha and suzuki put millions into racing like gp and the fan base in america isn't as big.

mxduner
09-05-2010, 04:49 PM
DeCoster to Manage US Factory KTM Race Team 6 Sep 2010 KTM, the market leader in offroad motorcycles has signed Roger DeCoster, one of the true icons of the sport of motocross to take over the management of the company's new factory team in the USA. Work now immediately begins to prepare the team for the 2011 racing season in all of the major US competitions. The signing of DeCoster represents a major step forward in vaulting the Austrian company into the global arena. KTM has already reached the top level of the sport in Europe and the World Championship GP series and will now also be a dominant force in US competition. KTM CEO Stefan Pierer said the signing represented a new and exciting era for the Austrian-based company: "The acquisition of Roger DeCoster to take over our factory team in the USA heralds a new era for KTM. We now enjoy a worldwide network and we are a real global player. Roger DeCoster is one of the great figures in the sport of motocross and we are delighted that he has agreed to manage our new team. KTM is now "Ready to Race" in the biggest and most competitive motocross competitions in the world." Pit Beirer, who heads KTM Offroad Sports Department, said the signing of such a personality as Roger DeCoster completes the circle whereby KTM has great riders, has been enjoying unprecedented success with its latest motorcycles and now has team leaders in place that will make it a dominant force on both sides of the Atlantic. Pit Beirer: "We are honored that we can welcome a man of Roger DeCoster's credentials and stature into the KTM family. With him as the head of our new KTM USA factory team we will be a major force in the USA and Europe and we want to attract the very best American riders into our team. Roger has had a superb racing career and a distinguished and successful career in team management." Roger DeCoster was born in Belgium and is a long time resident of the USA. Known simply as "The Man" when he was racing, DeCoster was one of the sport's most decorated riders. He was always admired for his smooth, controlled riding style and his late attacks on race leaders in a career where he won a record 36 500 cc GP victories. He was also a Gold Medalist in the 1964 International Six Day Trial, a four-time winner of the Trans-AMA series and won the 1964 Belgian Observed Trials National Championship. Since retiring from active racing, DeCoster has been a prominent managerial figure in the USA racing scene and has also managed Team USA at the Motocross of Nations.

jkiserracing
09-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by hsr

Originally posted by icecreammaker
:devil:

No. Thats rediculous. If Suzuki were to pull out their factory support for 2011 and Honda all ready has, do you actually think that either of those 2 riders, who pretty much dominated on Suzuki, are going to go to Honda (whos been out of it for a year all ready)????? The answer is no. Why in the world would they do that.

icecreammaker
09-05-2010, 08:24 PM
You have to have production models & rumor is SUZUKI wont make any more so the wont be able to run suzuki,

jkiserracing
09-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I understand that but thus far Honda isnt either. So that leaves us Yamaha, Kawasaki, Can-Am?? From what I understand Honda didn't "build" any 450r's last year. They just took current stock and made them 2010's