PDA

View Full Version : Ride height

Nac's22
09-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Just finishing up my rebuild in the next month or so of my EX and am wondering on the ride height that you guys run for something along the lines of XC racing. I race mx right now and I know where my quads need to be set for that but I have no idea about trails since I haven't ridden them in about 6 years. If it helps I have a 2001 with +2 lsr a arms, stock swing arm, PEP ZPS front shocks with a PEP rear, and 20" rear Razrs and 22" front Razrs. On the mx quads I usually set my ride heights at the foot peg (6-7" depending on the track) and at the part of the frame where the bottom starts to angle up (6 1/2"- 7 1/4") with me on it. should I do the same with this and ad 2" for the larger tires :confused:

Thanks,
Victor

guenther
09-01-2010, 02:38 PM
My ride height is 7.0" in the rear (20" rear tires) and 7.25" in the front (21" front tires). These measurements are from the bottom of my skid plate at the foot pegs and about 20" forward. If the conditions are really muddy I'll crank it up about 1/2". I ride in a lot of off camber trails so if my ride height it too high it throws the center of gravity off and it feels tippy. Try to get it somewhere between 7-8" and you should be okay. Just my $0.02.

Nac's22
09-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Thank you!