PDA

View Full Version : 2004 z400 problems! Need Help Please!

quadfreakz400
09-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Alright here's my problem.... i had to replace a nut on a bolt for the shock mount so i stood the quad up on the grab bar and took out the bolt and headed to true value to get the nut i needed. well true value was closed so i headed back home but forgot i left the quad up on end till the next morning now the quad won't run.... when i looked in the air box it was full of gasoline, the oil is also very low. It has spark, I changed the oil, changed the spark plug, opened up the carb and it looked clean..... still not runnin

Any Suggestions

cataway
09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
wont run or wont start?

quadfreakz400
09-05-2010, 08:14 AM
both.... it just turns over. a little update of what i've tried... i completely disassembled the carb and cleaned it with carb cleaner... the fuel is getting to the bowl but i guess its not getting fuel to the engine...i just don't know what to do anymore...

cataway
09-06-2010, 05:39 AM
ok, i want you to get some thing like maybe a rubber ball ,place it over the intake bell of the carb and then try to start it , be ready to take the ball off if it tries to fire . it may be that the carb needs priming

grms
09-06-2010, 09:23 AM
choke it and it will start the reason is cause the carb is completely filled with gas mine does it all the time or there is a bleeder valve on the bottom of the carb you can loosen that let the gas drain out then try it