PDA

View Full Version : powdercoating rims?

Butters
02-05-2003, 07:20 PM
anybody ever done this?? i was thinking about it cause my stock rims now are scratched pretty bad due to the fact the people that put my tires on screwed them up, and that my neighbor with a 400ex might be giving me his stock set of back tires one and wheels. and his dad has a powdercoating machine at his work. so would this work??? i was thinking about black.

redroost85
02-05-2003, 07:29 PM
I did my fronts and rear stock rims in bengal black (powdercoated) and I have not regretted it. You shine up the red hub and the black really stands out. You get the second look with black rims! Don't forget to wax the snot outta the rims before you go riding too.

Butters
02-05-2003, 08:13 PM
so would this look good? anyone got any pics??

ridered03
02-05-2003, 09:07 PM
yea people, I really need this done as well if you got em show em

Sick0
02-06-2003, 06:32 AM
KandK has a 250r thier selling thatsb has blue powder coated rims. I don't really like the look but check out the site to get an idea what it would look like.

Extremeracer167
02-06-2003, 09:00 AM
shoot Pappy a PM and see what he thinks. No one better to ask about Powdercoating, then an HONEST Powdercoater. He wont lie to ya!

CBW
02-06-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by HondaEXtreme01
anybody ever done this?? i was thinking about it cause my stock rims now are scratched pretty bad due to the fact the people that put my tires on screwed them up, and that my neighbor with a 400ex might be giving me his stock set of back tires one and wheels. and his dad has a powdercoating machine at his work. so would this work??? i was thinking about black.

Well I'm no pappy,,,,,,,,but here is my opnion......:p

Sure it will work,,,,,,,,,,,but you have to remember that even powdercoat......although very durable.....is not indestructable. If the rim beads get rubbed on a rock or something......the powder will most likely very scuffed or even peeled off. If you do the black make sure to clear coat it for extra durability. BUT you may still sooner or later get pits in them..........

good luck
CW

Str8Wicked
02-06-2003, 09:06 AM
I have my rims on my Avi powdercoated clear so I don't have to polish them...

CBW
02-06-2003, 09:10 AM
Those look good str8..........

i have done some rims for some ricers..........and they worked well........

02-06-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by CHRIS WATERS
Well I'm no pappy,,,,,,,,but here is my opnion......:p

Sure it will work,,,,,,,,,,,but you have to remember that even powdercoat......although very durable.....is not indestructable. If the rim beads get rubbed on a rock or something......the powder will most likely very scuffed or even peeled off. If you do the black make sure to clear coat it for extra durability. BUT you may still sooner or later get pits in them..........

good luck
CW
chris is correct for the most part,,,
i have set of steel wheels (for my spares in the rocks up here ) which were done awhile ago ...there doin ok but (from sliding) they have gotten chips/pits in them ...
but i am not too concerned I will just break em down & recoat em anytime ,i am ready ..