PDA

View Full Version : New setup..... SWEET!!!!

maryland450r
08-31-2010, 03:10 PM
I got my R back together last night with a sparks 265 hi comp topend and ESR TRX9 centermount system. Had to play with the jetting a little and fix a coolant leak at the water pump cover gasket. Finally got it running great........................ HOLY HELL this thing is totally insane. The combination of the top end and the pipe pulls to the moon. Has good bottom end, great mid and insane topend and over rev.

Anyone in debate over whether to try the trx9...... do it! Thanks to all who recommended it!

1promodfan
08-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Told ya bro, that TRX-9 pipe is the cats meow!!!:D

wes350x
08-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Is it the top end I sold you? Great that youre enjoying it if it is. Did you use the same piston and rings?

maryland450r
08-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Told ya bro, that TRX-9 pipe is the cats meow!!!:D

Yes it is!!

And Wes, it is the top end you sold me. i figured I would go ahead and try the piston and rings you had with it and it seems good. Compression tested at 212 - 215 psi consistently. I think I may have a piece of dirt or something on the head gasket, it seems to leaks just a little bit of coolant from it and it drips down the front of the cylinder near the exhaust flange. I'm running it on Sunoco 110 w/ Klotz R50 40:1 and it seems great.

I can't believe how much difference a top end and pipe made. It is 5 times more fun to ride now than it was before. Front end goes in the air through 3rd and 4th when it hooks up good.

wes350x
08-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by maryland450r
Yes it is!!

And Wes, it is the top end you sold me. i figured I would go ahead and try the piston and rings you had with it and it seems good. Compression tested at 212 - 215 psi consistently. I think I may have a piece of dirt or something on the head gasket, it seems to leaks just a little bit of coolant from it and it drips down the front of the cylinder near the exhaust flange. I'm running it on Sunoco 110 w/ Klotz R50 40:1 and it seems great.

I can't believe how much difference a top end and pipe made. It is 5 times more fun to ride now than it was before. Front end goes in the air through 3rd and 4th when it hooks up good.

AWSOME, GLAD TO HEAR. DID YOU RE-USE THE HEAD GASKET ALSO?

maryland450r
09-01-2010, 03:03 AM
No, I used all new OEM gaskets and '89 cr head gasket.

wes350x
09-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Cool, glad you like it. I always use the copper spray on my head gaskets for better sealing, gives a better seal expecially in old motors. Go let it rip!