PDA

View Full Version : Welcome help

redonkulousruntsracing
08-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Well, as some of you may have read, we have had a horrible season with mechanical issues, DNF's and a quad slower that a battery powered Barbie Jeep!! At the Unadilla round of the Nationals, my sons quad was helpless. In a class that sported 1:15 second lap times, the best we managed was a 1:22. Seth's quad got slower and slower as the season wore on. It kept overheating and running worse and worse. I had to de-tune it by backing off the timing and rejetting it to keep it running. But every time it would run a little longer before it got hot but it would be even slower. The radiator was boiled out, I tried a new one, and oversized one, no luck. Motor #4 is what was in it for that race. I even tried a top end that Shawn at DS Modz took off his kids quad for me to use and no difference.

Who do you think I got a call from to help us out? Apex. Some how Teri at Apex heard of Seth's poor performance at Unadilla, some one commented to her that they saw us there and we were struggling. She called me and asked what she could do to help. She told me to send them my motor and that they would take it to their personal engine builder in Mesa and they would have him fix it. When I asked about parts, she told me that they have a warehouse full of them and they will try whatever it takes to get his engine back at 100 percent. It is now strapped to a dyno out in the Arizona sun and it will stay there until it is right. We hope to have it back soon.

I just wanted to give an update, and throw the folks at Apex a bone, seeing how most of what we hear on here is throwing them under the bus. I have had my share of issues with them, but they have always done what they said they would. Sometimes it would just take a while longer that expected. Teri has told me that she is aware of the problems that they had in the past and that she and Greg are focused on making their company better, one customer at a time. Apex's are going to be sold by dealers only, no more internet sales and E-bay buys.

Ride1Rob
08-31-2010, 06:17 PM
That's awesome customer service!

mcwilly
09-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Nice! Keep us updated on what they find to be the cause of trouble.

mushinracing
09-06-2010, 05:27 AM
arent you a dealer for apex now????????isnt that you on atv young guns. runtrats racing????????

#404's Dad
09-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by mushinracing
arent you a dealer for apex now????????isnt that you on atv young guns. runtrats racing????????

I thought that too but was not sure.

EthansMom
09-06-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry, but that is funny right there. you seem to have been first in line to throw apex under the bus this year, now you are a dealer giving them praise?

I'm sure you will help out a lot of kids and make racing in NY better for your scene, but that has to be one of the biggest flip flops I've seen in a while in anything!

best of luck, maybe apex is turning around to make things better. I hope so, we need all the manufacture support we can get in this sport. go get them runtracts racing!

-EA

oh, and this is ethansdad on ethansmom's hijacked laptop!

redonkulousruntsracing
09-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Yup, thats me. Yes Apex caused us to miss several races because they didnt get us parts when we needed them. My son has been on an Apex for 2 years now and that is why we are standing by them. I have been going back and forth with the owners of the company for over a year now. I told them that if they could get their act together and provide customers a SUPPORTED dealer network, instead of buying quads on ebay, that they could the premier mini quad brand. Too many times I would order a part and it would be sold to me, but they didnt even have it in stock yet, they were in a container waiting to clear customs or something. I f you dont have it, tell me and I will find it else where or figure something out. I have had too many shops promise me something and I dont get it on time of when I do get it, it's the wrong part. WE race a local series that races every weekend, so if Seth breaks something om Sunday, I cant wait until Wednesday to finally get ahold of someone to get the wrong parts sent to me. These are some of the reasons why I decided to try opening my own shop.

Ride1Rob
09-07-2010, 06:30 AM
All I can say is wow :ermm: . Now we all know why they gave YOU excellent customer service.

mushinracing
09-07-2010, 07:48 AM
your son is a great lillte rider.But for you to come on here and say ya got a cheater motor and cant afford to to get it right then go through the season breaking down with no answers to fix it. then all of a sudden your an apex dealer . that does not speak well of your character .

Logan #34's Dad
09-07-2010, 07:56 AM
DING! DING! LET's GET READY TO RUMBLE. :blah:

Ride1Rob
09-07-2010, 08:42 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/popcorn.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

#404's Dad
09-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by sickairseth
Yup, thats me. Yes Apex caused us to miss several races because they didnt get us parts when we needed them. My son has been on an Apex for 2 years now and that is why we are standing by them. I have been going back and forth with the owners of the company for over a year now. I told them that if they could get their act together and provide customers a SUPPORTED dealer network, instead of buying quads on ebay, that they could the premier mini quad brand. Too many times I would order a part and it would be sold to me, but they didnt even have it in stock yet, they were in a container waiting to clear customs or something. I f you dont have it, tell me and I will find it else where or figure something out. I have had too many shops promise me something and I dont get it on time of when I do get it, it's the wrong part. WE race a local series that races every weekend, so if Seth breaks something om Sunday, I cant wait until Wednesday to finally get ahold of someone to get the wrong parts sent to me. These are some of the reasons why I decided to try opening my own shop.

Well that just shows this below post to be mostly lies then like where you say "Some how Teri at Apex heard of Seth's poor performance at Unadilla, some one commented to her that they saw us there and we were struggling." ?

Originally posted by sickairseth
Well, as some of you may have read, we have had a horrible season with mechanical issues, DNF's and a quad slower that a battery powered Barbie Jeep!! At the Unadilla round of the Nationals, my sons quad was helpless. In a class that sported 1:15 second lap times, the best we managed was a 1:22. Seth's quad got slower and slower as the season wore on. It kept overheating and running worse and worse. I had to de-tune it by backing off the timing and rejetting it to keep it running. But every time it would run a little longer before it got hot but it would be even slower. The radiator was boiled out, I tried a new one, and oversized one, no luck. Motor #4 is what was in it for that race. I even tried a top end that Shawn at DS Modz took off his kids quad for me to use and no difference.

Who do you think I got a call from to help us out? Apex. Some how Teri at Apex heard of Seth's poor performance at Unadilla, some one commented to her that they saw us there and we were struggling. She called me and asked what she could do to help. She told me to send them my motor and that they would take it to their personal engine builder in Mesa and they would have him fix it. When I asked about parts, she told me that they have a warehouse full of them and they will try whatever it takes to get his engine back at 100 percent. It is now strapped to a dyno out in the Arizona sun and it will stay there until it is right. We hope to have it back soon.

I just wanted to give an update, and throw the folks at Apex a bone, seeing how most of what we hear on here is throwing them under the bus. I have had my share of issues with them, but they have always done what they said they would. Sometimes it would just take a while longer that expected. Teri has told me that she is aware of the problems that they had in the past and that she and Greg are focused on making their company better, one customer at a time. Apex's are going to be sold by dealers only, no more internet sales and E-bay buys.

zach R 7x
09-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
DING! DING! LET's GET READY TO RUMBLE. :blah:

LMAO!!!:D

Sounds to me like Toby Cheeseman x 2! LOL!

redonkulousruntsracing
09-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Seriously, wow Scott that's awesome. After realized that Seth's motor that I just spent $500 on fixing was over the 50cc mark, I spent another $400 that was meant for bills to make it completely legal. I didnt just have the extra cash laying around to spend on fixing it, and I dont do the credit card thing so I robbed the cookie jar. How is trying my hardest to give my kid the best quad I can not speak well of my character. I have had an on going relationship with the folks at Apex for a couple of years now and they have known that we have had problems all season. When I called them after Unadilla, Teri knew about Seth's poor performance before I called her, How is that a lie #404 Dad?

The whole intent of this post was to let people know that some of us have had good experiences with Apex, as well as bad.

So I don't see what the big deal is saying that I am becoming an Apex dealer. That doesn't mean that I fell into a boat load of cash, or that I have a yard full of quads sitting here. The business I am starting has all been funded out of pocket, I am trying to this on my own to hopefully make it a profitable business and also to help other people out and possibly save them from the problems we have had.

We have had a bad season with a string of motor failures. I have had dealers let me down over and over and I decided that enough was enough. If people want to knock me for it, well than so be it, I am just a Dad trying my best to give my kid the best equipment I can.

don bassani
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Who will build your motors ?

redonkulousruntsracing
09-07-2010, 08:12 PM
good question Don, right now Seth's motor is out at Kenz Cycle Tech, we will se hjow that works out. I hope to start getting things done locally in the future.