PDA

View Full Version : what carb for 300ex

11-29-2001, 07:49 PM
I am gonna get a new carb for my 300 for x-mas. What would be the best one? Give any and all opions and recommendations. I like the Duncan 38 PE and the Edelbrock Qwiksilver. What do you recommend?

11-30-2001, 03:26 PM
I hate to throw another one into the mix, but I really like my Lectron carb. I do not know anything about the other two, but before deciding, find out.

The addition of the Lectron required machining of the throttle case mounted on your handlebars. The machining was to allow more throw of the lever. When the mod was done, I ended up with a hole out the side of the casing. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but it did happen to me. It was told to me I needed to machine/dremel the wall some to get "full throttle" of the carb.

After all said and done, the Lectron carb made a noticeable difference, and I really enjoy it. On another positive note, no more "choke" when you go to a Lectron carb. (The Lectron carb has no choke).

Note: I made the change from a stock carb to the Lectron "after" all my other engine mods.

Good luck shopping!!!