PDA

View Full Version : How to install Tusk Nerf bars?? Drilling?

TL_2ENV
08-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I just got some tusk nerf bars with 0 instructions, i thought i could just slap them on, but it looks like i need to drill atleast one hole in the foot pegs? also does the factory heel guard stay or does that need to come off too? It looks like a close fit. Would be kind of dumb to get nerf bars and lose a heel guard?

justen08
08-30-2010, 01:36 PM
They should work with your heel guards. I have the tusks with heel guards and i had to do a little fab work to get them to bolt up just right. Alot of people had trouble with tusk nerfs not fitting properly. Let us know what the outcome is. I know this wasnt much help but it is kinna hard to tell you anything without accually seeing how it fits on your bike.

clemsonteg
08-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Technically the Tusk Comp Nerfs are supposed to remove the factory heel guards, but I have seen some guys use them, just a little trimming done. Seems like I saw some instructions on them at some point. I have the Tusk nerfs with built in heel guards and they fit pretty well, had to bend one bracket on one side, but that took all of 2 minutes to get right.

clemsonteg
08-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Here is some instructions for a 450r, it says to drill holes

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/docs/Trx450r%20comp%20nerf%20instructions.pdf

bherriman
08-30-2010, 04:33 PM
When I got my tusks with heel guards I was having the hardest time getting them to line up correctly. I was to the point of drilling holes when i realized I had the tube that bolts to the fram and slips into the foot peg on upside down. Just a thought.

NMills
08-31-2010, 05:54 AM
I got the Alba ones... which are the same thing i believe... you have to drill 2 holes in each peg.... and you should be able to keep the heel guards... may have to do a little trimming...

You should post a few pics of the bars so we can see the shape/style of them adn you'd probably get better answers...

yellow02400ex
08-31-2010, 11:07 PM
I have the ones with the heel guards and the lined up fine just needed a little help from one of my buddys to make them line up while putting them on tho.

waychoff05
09-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Had a hard time getting the nerf and heal guards to fit. You just have to take your time and do a little fab work (drill a new hole for the heal guards). The nerfs i didn't have much of a issue with