PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield-McCoy checklist

BumblebeeEX
08-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Heading to the Rockhouse trailhead from Sept 18-20. Never been to the Hatfield-McCoy trails before. Just wondering, what are some things I should take with me? Obviously chain lube, tools, extra set of tires....etc. What else?

Scro
08-31-2010, 10:55 AM
We've been to Hatfield 3 times. The last two times, there was 5 of us that went. We took 2 extra four-wheelers, and ended up having to use both of them.:p You're on the right track though. If you don't take an extra set of tires, make sure you have some plugs. A hand operated pump, or CO2 cartridges would be wise also. Give your bike a good once over before you go. If you have any loose balljoints or bearings, I suggest replacing those before you go. It sucks to go that far and have a balljoint come apart.

leakyvoodoo
09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
love it there.went in march and going back in oct. there are part stores there with alot of parts just may have to drive but everything u go rideing at home plus alittle should be good.

red
09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah even if you have extra tires you really should consider taking plugs and stuff to repair tires. It really sucks to be way out and get a flat and have to limp back to the truck.
Me and a couple guys are going down Oct 8th and 9th. I have been many times and it is a blast. There used to be organized rides from this site several years ago and we would have about 20 to 25 people show up and had a blast.
Good luck and have fun.

leakyvoodoo
09-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I wil be there from oct 14-19. Going to rock house this time

BumblebeeEX
10-03-2010, 07:18 PM
The trip was awesome. Rockier than I thought it would be. The scenery is spectacular. We had 11 riders, thank God no one broke down 40 miles from civilization. Have fun.

heelclickinonaR
10-04-2010, 11:02 AM
The wife and I are heading there in a couple of days for Trail Fest. We can't wait. Bringing my 250R as a back up bike just in case.

screaminta
10-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Im heading down to trailfest tomorrow night...leaving around midnight to get there just in time to register then ride...were staying at twin hollow campground

trailhouseowner
11-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by heelclickinonaR
The wife and I are heading there in a couple of days for Trail Fest. We can't wait. Bringing my 250R as a back up bike just in case.

I hope you had a great time in Gilbert at the Trailfest.

heelclickinonaR
11-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by trailhouseowner
I hope you had a great time in Gilbert at the Trailfest.

We had a great time. Unfortunately, my wife flipped her 300ex over on herself and crushed her nose on Thursday. So we had to leave early before things really kicked off. We were about a 1/4 mile from the where we were camping (Twin Hollow) when it happened. We were really impressed with what we saw and made our reservations for next year. Hopefully, we can enjoy ourselves more next year. Everyone we met was great. I can't wait....:D

trailhouseowner
01-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by heelclickinonaR
We had a great time. Unfortunately, my wife flipped her 300ex over on herself and crushed her nose on Thursday. So we had to leave early before things really kicked off. We were about a 1/4 mile from the where we were camping (Twin Hollow) when it happened. We were really impressed with what we saw and made our reservations for next year. Hopefully, we can enjoy ourselves more next year. Everyone we met was great. I can't wait....:D

Glad that you have decided to try it again! Even more glad that your wife is alright. The Hatfield McCoy Trails are a blast! Try visiting them when they are not having an event!