PDA

View Full Version : auto sears

buck440
08-30-2010, 10:30 AM
does a pree 81 dias need to be shipped to an ffl or a class 3 ffl or can it be sent to your door? btw i got a new ar:chinese:

GPracer2500
08-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Tread carefully. As I understand the facts...

A DIAS manufactured prior to '81 does not require BATFE registration. The purchase of one does not need to involve an FFL.

However--AND THIS IS A BIG HOWEVER--if you are in possession of a unregistered DIAS and an AR-15, you are committing a felony.

In other words: a pre-81 DIAS doesn't need a tax stamp to be legal. But it's pointless to have one because just having it AND an AR15 means you are in possession of an unregistered machine-gun. That's a big time felony.

A transferable DIAS you can actually have at the same time as an AR-15 is prolly gonna set you back $10,000+.

FWIW, I've heard rumors about the BATFE using ads for pre-81 DIAS to attract idiots trying to build illegal machine guns.

buck440
08-30-2010, 09:18 PM
my dad is wanting one as a novelty item so he can legally purchase one lol. he has some sks's but no EBR'r. no ffl or registration was all i was wondering. i wonder if they ship to il? i heard about stings they do. but that's mainly for people bragging about what they did illegally with the part or blast away near someone's property who hears F/A fire. im all about the law;)

CJM
08-30-2010, 10:12 PM
dont be stupid unless you want to serve time in a club fed..