PDA

View Full Version : shampoo truck seats

One_Bad_400
08-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Any you fellas know the best way to shampoo truck seats. Mine are filthy. From being at the track and them being filled with dust, if something is spilt on them, leaves stains. would it be best to try to find somewhere to take my truck? or best to do it my self?!?

08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
ive bought this stuff made for cleaning seats. it comes in a can spray it on and scrub.walmart sells it ,but The best thing ive seen when i sold my last truck they steam cleaned the seats and floor and it came out amazing.

One_Bad_400
08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
what kinda $$$ we talkin for steam clean?

dpizz450
08-30-2010, 05:42 PM
You can rent a rug doctor. They rent them at winn dixie and lowes. I'm sure other places, but thats all I know of. It's like $35 for 24 hours. Then you pay like $10 for the handheld attatchment that you would be using. It works great. I rent them all the time for carpet in my house and my truck carpet.

CJM
08-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Rug doctors or a home version is what I would use.

Instead of all the fancy schmancy cleaning junk you can buy I use simple green, lightning grease off stuff and zep carpet cleaner all together. It works sooo well.

toby400ex
08-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Just scrubbing the seats won't get the dirt out really. Steam cleaning is the best way. You could scrub the seats with shampoo then suck the liquid out with a shop vac though.

mxpimp2000
08-31-2010, 01:00 AM
pressure wash them and let em dry

TCracin440ex
08-31-2010, 06:35 AM
whatever you use make sure you do it in a garage and leave the windows down or the doors open because if you shut the truck up and expect the shyt to dry. then you are going to get mildew and that is a horrible smell to get out of a vehicle.

slightlybent47
08-31-2010, 07:53 AM
The rug dr. sounds like the best way so far, it sucks the water out quickly and keeps it from soaking into the foam to far and making it take to long to dry

Exrider434
08-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Just scrubbing the seats won't get the dirt out really. Steam cleaning is the best way. You could scrub the seats with shampoo then suck the liquid out with a shop vac though.

Scrubbing the seats is the best way to clean seats,
spray it down with some fabric cleaner and scrub the hell out if it with a brush, then take a clean towel and scrub the seat (youll be able to see dirt being removed from the seat on the towel) and after you scrub with the towel, take an air compressor and blow the extra liquid out......

I use this method daily as i work in a detail shop, i wish i had some pictures of the cars we clean so i could show ya how well it works.

But scrubbing and blowing is the best method to use, weve tried all sorts of other things but nothing works like a brush!

toby400ex
08-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434
spray it down with some fabric cleaner and scrub the hell out if it with a brush, then take a clean towel and scrub the seat (youll be able to see dirt being removed from the seat on the towel) and after you scrub with the towel, take an air compressor and blow the extra liquid out......

I use this method daily as i work in a detail shop, i wish i had some pictures of the cars we clean so i could show ya how well it works.

But scrubbing and blowing is the best method to use, weve tried all sorts of other things but nothing works like a brush! I was meaning that scrubbing them with shampoo alone won't do much besides grind the dirt in deeper. Ive worked in a detail shop before also. We always used a steam cleaner.

CJM
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Exrider434

But scrubbing and blowing is the best method to use, weve tried all sorts of other things but nothing works like a brush!

My carpet machine has the nice scrubber head on the hand attachment :)

wilkin250r
09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I use a little of both.

Soaking the dirt, and pulling it back out is all well and fine, but it's best to actually LOOSEN the dirt. That's why I'm a fan of scrubbing.

My preferred method is to to start with a good scrub, like Exrider434 suggested. Scrub with shampoo, it takes a while. Then I'll soak it with a rug doctor and extract the dirt. I repeat the rug doctor, with just plain water, as a rinse. It unfortunately allows the water to soak deeper into the padding, so it takes longer to dry. But I pull so much dirt and soap out on that second soaking, that I just can't bring myself to leave all that stuff in there.

I've tried soaking and extracting a third time with the rug doctor, but I didn't pull much more than water, so I figured it wasn't worth it.

fastredrider44
09-01-2010, 10:56 AM
When mine get real bad, I pull them and the carpet out, soak them in "Tuff Stuff" Then pressure wash, them soak them in Purple Power, then pressure wash, then spray on some tide or gain laundry detergent, then pressure wash, then let dry a couple of days and put them back in. It takes a couple of days for everything to dry to put back in, but it's the best I've ever cleaned, and I've done it to all my vehicles at some point in time.

bens250ex
09-02-2010, 08:19 PM
hunter if you want to rent a rug doc go up to kroger they have them.

JJs450r
09-02-2010, 09:16 PM
i am a former "interior technician" lol or in other words interior repair and restore

what worked best for us was a good degreaser let set for a few minutes scrub with a scrub brush vacuum and steam

my company kept all their products secret but i found that simple green worked just as good if not better then the stuff we used and left a little bit better smell

spanky101
09-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I am a "carpet cleaning technician" and we have a steam cleaner for cleaning carpets and same machine we use to clean carpets we clean car interiors. Call a couple local carpet cleaners and ask if they clean interiors. I know for us, we'd charge about 70 bucks for a steam cleaning of the interior of a truck/car. Also ask about their chemicals used along with approximate dry time. It should be no longer then 3-4 hours