PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think

hartwill
08-29-2010, 09:45 PM
i have a post on here about my trusty wiseco blew apart on me. well needless to say i need a new crank, sleeve, and piston. oem cranks are very expensive should i buy a used oem and rebuild it or are hot rods just as good as oem? whats the difference between a hot rods and a "heavy duty" hot rods? also does it make more sence to go with a new sleeve or to buy a complete cylinder with a few bores left from here or ebay or something? thanks guys for all the help. also if you have any of the above mentioned for sale i am interested. oh and i need a long rod crank and an 86 cylinder.

hartwill
08-29-2010, 10:04 PM
also is there isnt any reason an oem short rod couldnt be rebuilt with a long rod is there?

muddymess
08-30-2010, 05:01 AM
I heard somewhere that the material hotrods used was poor for a while and they got a bad name for it but they changed back to the more reliable material now.

I personally just got a +4 from hotrods so i guess I'll find out how reliable they are.

As for the cylinder it kind of depends on what you really want to do. You can get a sleeve and have a lot of time on it or you can just go cheap and get a used cylinder. Just depends on how much you want to spend really. If it was me I would just take the chance to find a used 310 and run it. Then when it runs out of bores just sleave that. You would probably end up spending around the same amount either way depending on the kind of deals you get.