PDA

View Full Version : *CHECK IT OUT* Alan Jacksons 1989 Honda Pilot Fl400r

btlfedbanshee
08-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Well here it is! One of my pride and joys! Alan Jacksons(YES THE ALAN JACKSON) former 1989 Honda Pilot FL400R. Not quite "mint" condition but I would say about as close as you can get to it! EVERYTHING works down too the EB, also has flag & post! Has digital hour meter on it that reads 13.5 hrs! Not sure when it was installed but I have the original tires that barely have the little nubs rubbed off! Currently has holeshots up front and Goodyear Runflat Mud Runners out back! Otherwise completely original just as it came from Honda! This is one of three Pilots i've owned, along with 2 Odyssey 350s, this one being my favorite for obvious reasons! Was found(stumbled upon) on a smaller online website in Tennessee looking for items for a church not even remotely related to atvs! In fact I am in Maryland and almost dismissed the add as a fake but just for kicks I called the number and after a few calls to the owner I had no doubt it was just as described! Received notarized documentation along with Tennessee title bearing Country Music Superstar Alan Jacksons John Hancock! Probably one of the only times i've gotten LUCKY in my life!

btlfedbanshee
08-29-2010, 12:16 AM
aj pilot

Pappy
08-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Thats pretty cool!

btlfedbanshee
08-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks! I honestly could not believe it when I found it! Talk about LUCKY! I actually went and bought a lottery ticket the same day! Ah well 1 out of 2 ain't bad lol! Tried to post some more pics. but was limited too 2??? Have a short video of it too I mixed with the Alan Jackson hit song "Drive" that's pretty neat if I can figure out how to DL it.

steel1
09-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Ive got his old boat....Its painted red stripe was white 18 feet bow to stern light

yama450yfz
02-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by steel1
Ive got his old boat....Its painted red stripe was white 18 feet bow to stern light
Lol

HondaPohl
02-06-2011, 05:36 PM
WOW! Struck gold!

btlfedbanshee
02-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Appreciate it! Yeah it's about as close to gold as i'm gonna get lol! It's been somewhat of an adventure since i've got it. I had some pics. of it on my online profile and there were 2 Honda Dealerships that contacted me. One was a car dealership and the other one sold ATVs and Motorcycles. Both said it would be a cool way to attract customers. The ATV place just wanted it as a conversation piece to sit in their showroom but the owner of the car dealership actually offered to let me come pick out any car off the lot I wanted in exchange for the Pilot and documentation. I'm really not into the Honda cars(I like Mustangs, Chevelles, Big Blocks with Nitrous, Blowers, you get the idea) but when I saw(and my GF saw) how much one of the new Pilot SUVs goes for I was forced to re-evaluate everything. In the end i backed out, just couldn't see letting it go for a hyped up mini van, but it was VERY close to finding a new home. I still might let the ATV place use it just for display but I think it looks best sitting in my living room lol!

CJM
02-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I always wanted one of those but resigned myself to the fact there are very few out there and if you do find one 99% of the time the seller has a clue what they have and want $$$

I think I could build something similar for under 2-3 grand.