PDA

View Full Version : Who makes hand rolled pipes?

troybilt
08-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Been thinking about getting a custom rolled pipe for my build. ...doing a little research now. Thanks for the help.

LED
FTZ

Any others?

atv fan 28
08-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Shearer maybe?

fearlessfred
08-28-2010, 09:00 PM
how about bills or aircone. i dont know if either is still around.

Ruf Racing
08-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
how about bills or aircone. i dont know if either is still around.

WOW! blast from the past, with Aircone. They use to build some reverse cone engineering. It's been 10+ years since I've heard that name. :)

fearlessfred
08-28-2010, 10:39 PM
there shop is about 5 miles from me if they are still open. last time as was in there were still making stuff for other companys. silencers if i remember correctly.that was a few years ago

atvmxr
08-29-2010, 03:04 PM
ACE Racing here in Houston, in the past he was a welder for LRD and he is big in the shifter carts and 4 strokes now...

also Dynoport, AEEN,

Higgy87TRX425
08-29-2010, 09:40 PM
I was just at LED the other day and I've seen some of the sick pipes that Arlen makes. You can't go wrong with 30+ years of experience. There probably pretty spendy though I'm guessing about 6 to 8 hundred, for a pipe silence combo!

troybilt
08-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Basically what I'm after is a hand rolled mid to low range pipe, MX... Most of the ones I've seen are drag pipes....
I also want to make my own silencer.

atvmxr
08-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Basically what I'm after is a hand rolled mid to low range pipe, MX... Most of the ones I've seen are drag pipes....

yeah, that seems to be the case. for a certain zilla builder the handconed pipes are more of hill shooter mid-top type and the stamped ones offer more low and mid power.

and my old dynoport hand coned for a TRX was also a topend pipe...

guess you may have to decide on looks vs. performance...

hondamancbr03
08-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by atvmxr
yeah, that seems to be the case. for a certain zilla builder the handconed pipes are more of hill shooter mid-top type and the stamped ones offer more low and mid power.

and my old dynoport hand coned for a TRX was also a topend pipe...
guess you may have to decide on looks vs. performance...

Excuse me if i misunderstood what you're trying to say, but the handconed pipes can be made for any type of riding and power range. Arlan is known mostly for MX/XC style engines, i would bet his pipes are built to suite your needs.
The reason most handconed pipes are top end is because the stamped style is trying to meet the general public demand as where the handconed can meet the specialty need of the top end style engines.

I live close to LED....I've seen Arlans work in person, i would go with his pipe. Although i think his silencer is butt ugly!

Higgy87TRX425
08-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah when it comes to hand made pipes you can have them built to your needs! Thats the whole idea being able to have the exact pipe you're looking for specially custom made to suit your specific needs. As for the silencers I guess its all in the eye of the beholder? I'm diggin the carbon fiber silencers. I think the reason why some of them are so big is so that you can pass the noise restrictions out in the dunes!! Otherwise you'll be paying those tickets ever time you go out. Dam Rangers! lol. Good luck with the pipe building man, I hope we helped ya!

pdxbigfoot
08-30-2010, 07:29 PM
What carbon silencers do you speak of?

Higgy87TRX425
08-31-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm not exactly sure about the carbon fiber silencer. I saw one on a 250r down at the lake when I was there and it looked like it should have been on a 4-stroke cause it was so big. I just assumed that it was that big too keep the sound down. I have a long ESR slincer. the guy I got it from said that he kept it like that to pass noice level or decimal level check. So I assumed that the carbon fiber silncers were the same way????

TLR-Online
09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.cpiracing.com/high-performance-exhaust-pipes

As everyone stated:
Shearer
AAEN
Dynoport
FTZ

I guess the main thing would to have the pipe built for the porting on the cylinder.