PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wont run right

jdog75
08-28-2010, 10:30 AM
well the other day i went for a quick ride with my friends. It was running great until it started to bog and backfire and eventually stall. Cranked it over it started with a little hesitation and ran fine again so i figured it was just a little water in my airfilter bc i dont have an airlid. Then it did it again and again and again after runing fine for a minute and it continued to do this until my batery died so i got picked up and brought home and the next day changed the plug fired right up on the battery charger took it for a spin around the block running like a champ parked it then 2 hours later took it out for a little ride went about 4 block then it started to bog and backfire and stall again. what could it be im lost.

CJM
08-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I would say either the carb isnt on the boots securely or something inside the carb isnt right.

justinalley00
08-31-2010, 05:38 PM
If it is bogging down from no throttle to half throttle its you slow jet. From half to full you are using your main jet. sound to me like you need to blow out the slow jet and clean your bowl.your carb uses the slow jet for starting and idling.your valves could be out of adjustment and have to much overlap. you should adjust your vales every 30hr if you ride hard but 50 hours for everyday riding. intake is .004 and exhaust is .005.

jdog75
09-03-2010, 07:22 AM
i finnaly found the problem. it was the plug for my ignition. It got full of mud and it was cutting power to the quad everyonce in a while but i cleaned it out and is fine again.