PDA

View Full Version : 70cc rev limiter

xtremeatv
08-27-2010, 08:24 PM
does anyone have or know where i can get a cdi for a 50-70cc that has the adjustable rev limiter on it? My youngest girl has been literally begging to race with us but the quad is way too fast as it sets. I know the predator 50s and some of the eton vipers used this type of cdi and it works great. I just cant find one now.

Coley'sdad#8
08-28-2010, 05:59 AM
it should have a throttle limiter screw on the back of your thumb throttle. as far as the cdi, there just aren't many things made in the world to slow something down, plenty to speed them up though;)

xtremeatv
08-28-2010, 06:26 AM
yep i know, i tried the screw already but no good, throttle it down too much and it wont climb hills. I took the roller weights out of the variator and replaced them with some 3 gram weights to keep the cvt from shifting at all.

Its pretty slow and would almost be ok but with no load on the engine the thing will just rev out at almost any throttle setting. Still too fast for a 3 year old girl jumping from power wheels to a real quad.

I know the rev limiters are out there, i just cant find one right now. Like i said I have seen them on predator 50s and eton vipers. I did find an adjustable cdi for a eton 40cc but i personally have never messed with one of those and dont know if the engines are even similar.

Nichols Atvs
08-28-2010, 08:12 PM
I took out the rear torque spring and cut a piece of exhaust pipe so it cant open or close.put the clip back in the cdi and . now it does 4 mph up hill ,down, side ways you name it. only 4 mph.

xtremeatv
08-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Ive got only 3 - 3gram weights in the variator right now, does the same thing, the variator stays open, rear stays closed. The problem is with no load on it, the engine will rev out at any throttle setting. Revved out it only goes maybe 7-8mph but that is still a bit faster than id like. With the adjustable cdi i can leave the cvt setup normal and dont have to mess with the throttle screw. I can set it to crawl at around 5mph but it will still have plenty of power to make it up the hills on the mx track.