PDA

View Full Version : need help with z50

ff1125a
08-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Have a z 50 that is not running right. I just started that when you hold the gas it just runs like it is rev limiting. Strange thing is when you un hook battery it runs a little better. but still acts like it is rev limiting. It wont even pull its self. Anyone have any ideas where to start looking for prob. Thanks Chris

hawaiianbasshed
08-28-2010, 06:32 PM
main jet could be clogged up... or something else causing lack of fuel... usually the pilot would easily get clogged since the hole is smaller... maybe a clogged filter in the tank? get a clear fuel line so you can see easily what's going on with the fuel flow into the carb from the tank... while you're playing with it imo is always good :D

worst case scenario it has a bad stator or leaking crank seal... I think stator is more likely causing a weak spark.. maybe a CDI I suppose.. I never had an LTz to look at tho so I'm not sure... I'd start with the carb personally... then ohm out the stator.. lastly find someone in your area with a home made leakdown tester maybe... or buy one.. I know one of the members on the blaster forum was selling um dirt cheap.. my kids bike was running horribly from a leak on the bottom end...