PDA

View Full Version : My kids are practically Celebrity's now !!!

tri5ron
08-27-2010, 03:43 PM
(well at least they think so)
Haha,
Maybe we shouldn't start looking towards the walk on the "Red Carpet", and I'm sure The Hollywood bigshots are not too concerned,....
But the kids feel like it's a pretty big deal,
and who am I to tell 'em any differently?

Here's a couple of Write-ups that are in a On-line magazine about Toyhaulers, and family adventures.
Just thought I'd share.
Hope you enjoy...

This one is on Cameron...
http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2010/08/a-father-daughter-bonding-ride-to-the-pinnacles-in-san-bernadino-ca/

and this one is about Nickolas..
http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2010/08/meet-nicholas/

honda400ex2003
08-27-2010, 03:47 PM
congrats ron!! tell them congrats also! great read also. steve

quad2xtreme
08-27-2010, 08:41 PM
enjoyed both. thx for posting.

Kickstarts-suck
08-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Pretty cool. :)

I just noticed the dog taking a poop(?) in the 4th picture of Nickolas. lol sorry

tri5ron
08-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
Pretty cool. :)

I just noticed the dog taking a poop(?) in the 4th picture of Nickolas. lol sorry Haha, yeah, you caught that too?
the editor of the mag. wasn't supposed to include that pic.
Oh well ! it is what it is. LOL!

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-27-2010, 11:21 PM
That's pretty cool, good read to pass some time to! :cool: Congrats.

Honda#4
08-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Congrats Ron and to your kids, thats pretty great to be in a magazine.

tri5ron
08-31-2010, 10:40 PM
just an update...

Apparently Nickolas' article is starting to "Go Viral" now Haha!

The DSOAC, (Down Syndrome Association of Orange County), now has it posted on their Facebook page.

The NDSS, (National Down Syndrome Society), is apparently interested in doing a article on him and his Abilities,
I don't know if that will happen or not, but he is apparently on their "Radar".

And our local newspaper has been made aware of him , and his riding,... And I was just told today, that they(the newspaper), may be calling soon, to ask for permission to do a spread on him.

Hey, I realize that this isn't comparable to a pulitzer prize, discovering the cure for cancer, finding intelligent life on another planet, winning a national championship, or anything like that,...

but it's still pretty cool in our book, and if he gets a thrill with 5 minutes of fame then that's pretty cool !

I also see it as a positive, "feel good", kind of story, that helps to show that civilized normal families, ALSO use and enjoy the deserts, ride ATV's, and have a good time.

Maybe that is a good thing,
in light of all the recent "bad press" we have been getting from the people who would rather see our Desert OHV area's, and racing events, closed for good.

If Nickolas becomes a "Poster Child", for the benefit of helping to preserve our riding area's,... Then SO BE IT !!!
LOL!

GO NICKOLAS !!! That's MY BOY !!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

quad2xtreme
09-01-2010, 05:05 AM
:cool:

ngates788
09-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Thats fantastic Ron!!

Pipeless416
09-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
just an update...

The DSOAC, (Down Syndrome Association of Orange County), now has it posted on their Facebook page.

The NDSS, (National Down Syndrome Society), is apparently interested in doing a article on him and his Abilities,

And our local newspaper has been made aware of him , and his riding,... And I was just told today, that they(the newspaper), may be calling soon, to ask for permission to do a spread on him.

Hey, I realize that this isn't comparable to a pulitzer prize, discovering the cure for cancer, finding intelligent life on another planet, winning a national championship, or anything like that,...

but it's still pretty cool in our book, and if he gets a thrill with 5 minutes of fame then that's pretty cool !

I also see it as a positive, "feel good", kind of story, that helps to show that civilized normal families, ALSO use and enjoy the deserts, ride ATV's, and have a good time.

in light of all the recent "bad press" we have been getting from the people who would rather see our Desert OHV area's, and racing events, closed for good.

If Nickolas becomes a "Poster Child", for the benefit of helping to preserve our riding area's,... Then SO BE IT !!!
LOL!

way to go! show them what he's made of!

honda400ex2003
09-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
just an update...

LOL!

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0011.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0098.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

congrats guys! steve