PDA

View Full Version : stupid question for the hall monators...

dehner47
08-27-2010, 09:21 AM
im really not trying to start trouble, but why was the "pitbull" thread closed?? i do understand that it was a never ending conversation, but i kinda felt it was just that.. a conversation. no one was calling people names or trying to fight another member. i felt the conversation was kinda in a mature fasion with no knocking on other members and people expressing there opinion and feelings. so how come it was shut down or closed??

please, not trying to be "that guy" just thought for once we had an adult debate around here and it got closed for no reason. now please tell me if there was something i didnt see or was erased or something. then i will totally understand the reasoning for the "closing"...

but we still have a thread on a seller beating someone almost 5 years ago. please explain this to me...

Pappy
08-27-2010, 09:27 AM
1st, the thread was going nowhere and would have lead to even more fighting. The last poster sent that thread over the top (or to the gutter)and it was closed.

2nd, the 5 year old thread is still topical as the offender is still selling and ripping people off.

dehner47
08-27-2010, 09:28 AM
okk. thats a fair answer. all i was looking for was a lagit reason. and that was one. sorry for ruffing up some feathers..

slightlybent47
08-27-2010, 09:32 AM
I agree and I have had my say in the mater and I’m done with the thread. I also would like to see it reopened so that others can comment. Up until the last comment was made I thought it was a good thread. I will only respond to a direct question or comment that is directed to me about this subject. So please reconsider.

Thank you.

dehner47
08-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
I agree and I have had my say in the mater and I’m done with the thread. I also would like to see it reopened so that others can comment. Up until the last comment was made I thought it was a good thread. I will only respond to a direct question or comment that is directed to me about this subject. So please reconsider.

Thank you.

i do agree slightlybent.. and im glad we actually could have a nice debate/conversation with each other on this subject with out getting personal. id love to chat with ya some more on this matter but if we cant, i respect your opinions just like you respected mine and we can go on from there. just wish some of these other young bucks knew how to debate properly. that way we wouldnt have another good thread closed. ohhh well. it was nice debating with ya...

slightlybent47
08-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Sure your welcome, I must admit that I have had to go through a learning curve and figure out how to be tactful and watch how I get my point across without pointing fingers or calling anyone names. I admit sometimes that can be quite difficult but I’ll keep trying to get better at it. I do apologize if I offend someone at times but I am working on my communication skills. Hopefully I will get better with time.
Also for the record, I don’t know the member that was band and I don’t follow his/her comments about other subjects so I don’t know his/her past post and responses.
But in an effort to be fair I would like to see him/her reinstated and I won’t hold any grudges.

dehner47
08-27-2010, 10:24 AM
hey Pap, just for s**ts n giggles, could you PM me what the last dude commented.. if not, i do understand you dont want to start ****. just figured dude is gone and was wondering what was said to cause the thread to be 'closed" thanks dude..

HondaRacing83
08-27-2010, 10:57 AM
im also curious what ericrip said(assuming it was him seeings how hes now banned and it said*comment removed,member removed*)just wonderin

06typeS
08-27-2010, 11:01 AM
ha ha i don't think you will get a response on that, either way the mods felt that it wasn't appropriate and that was the end of it.

Only takes 1 to ruin it

HondaRacing83
08-27-2010, 11:03 AM
good point

slightlybent47
08-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey I wanted to apologize to the OP of the pit bull thread for not getting off on the right foot and I’m sorry for turning your thread into a big debate over nothing. My first post was uncalled for and I let myself get carried away, again I apologize.
Thanks

5pennys
08-27-2010, 08:18 PM
I just now realized that the thread got shut down.

I too agree that the debate was being carried out in a somewhat adult fashion by all parties involved. I'm always up for a good debate with mature people and slightlybent was making his points clear and had understandable rebuttals to the opposite side of the topic with turning the discussion into a childish argument.

I only point out slightlybent because he and I seemed to be the two people going back and forth the most, which is all good from my perspective. Absolutely no hard feelings from me toward anyone that believes differently than I do on the topic in the thread.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
im also curious what ericrip said(assuming it was him seeings how hes now banned and it said*comment removed,member removed*)just wonderin

*member removed* sucks. :(

lol

jcs003
08-28-2010, 02:25 AM
on another thread a member made an ethnic slur and the moderators ignored it. i pointed it out and only got insulted by other members for doing so. wtf is wrong with people.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=446062

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
on another thread a member made an ethnic slur and the moderators ignored it. i pointed it out and only got insulted by other members for doing so. wtf is wrong with people.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=446062

Apparently you're the only one who thinks you're in the right...... ? Seems like you were bashing a member because you didn't like what they said.

jcs003
08-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Apparently you're the only one who thinks you're in the right...... ? Seems like you were bashing a member because you didn't like what they said.

correct. i was defending the site more than what was actually said. i realize its commonly a figure of speech, but others have been punished for similiar infractions and we all should have the same rules.

Pappy
08-28-2010, 06:36 AM
jcs, you cant even attempt to control most of the "slang" terminology that is used. Just like when Ron got upset with people using the term "retard". I like Ron, respect his feelings on the matter but have to side against enforcing that word unless I see it being used in an outright harmful manner.

When we review a reported thread, we look at the context of the terminolgy and whether it was being used in a demeaning way. In this case it doesnt appear it was anything that was set out to purposley harm anyone. You caused a mountain out of a mole hill by being steadfast over a very commonly used term in a context that placed no harm on anyone or wasnt directed in a manner to harm anyone.

And yes, Political Correctness doesnt carry much weight here....but we do try and be as fair as we can.

The member that was removed posted a personal attack using very foul and vulgar language. End of story. If you cant relay your opinion in a manner that doesnt take 5 or 6 explitives directed at others then you dont need to be here.