PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket fuel mixture screw

justen08
08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I asked this before but no one chimed in. Does anyone know where I can find a aftermarket fuel mixture screw? I looked on several websites and i cant find one for my bike.

Justen

justen08
08-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I think i found my question didnt scroll down enough. It seems like they would make one seeing how hard it is to adjust with a D socket. I guess ill take it out and cut the tip so i can adjust it with a flat head screw driver.

Ian400ex
08-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by justen08
I think i found my question didnt scroll down enough. It seems like they would make one seeing how hard it is to adjust with a D socket. I guess ill take it out and cut the tip so i can adjust it with a flat head screw driver.
How are you getting it out first? Do you have a D socket? If so, where did you get it?

I was suggested the same but unless I can get it out the carb is getting cut as well.

Dan207
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM
never mind:p

rmcfadden68
08-28-2010, 08:23 AM
probably a little late. but for those who wonder, i been looking for aftermarket screw for 2 yrs now with no luck. the d-shaped tool is either in a jet(which my buddy bought one so i used his) i have bent over the lip on a spent .22 cal shell. it works fine for a while. my best resolution was buying a carb rebuild kit for `99-`04 400ex. it has the flat head style in it $25 at rocky mountain atv

clemsonteg
08-28-2010, 08:26 AM
I got my d-shaped tool from dynojet, called them up, they are like $3 each. When I got the wifes quad I wanted to put in an adjustable needle, so I ordered a carb kit from RMATV for a 99-04 and it came with an adjustable needle and it also had the slotted a/f screw so I installed that as well.

Ian400ex
08-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by clemsonteg
I got my d-shaped tool from dynojet, called them up, they are like $3 each. When I got the wifes quad I wanted to put in an adjustable needle, so I ordered a carb kit from RMATV for a 99-04 and it came with an adjustable needle and it also had the slotted a/f screw so I installed that as well.
Thank you.