PDA

View Full Version : Sent off the frame...

Baileygunns
08-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Just dropped my Wife's frame off at the powder coater this afternoon... I might do a build thread if anyone is interested. It's an 03. The frame, swing arm and steering stem is going black and the a-arms are going red. I have red plastics for it and I haven't decided on a seat cover yet... I thought about doing the new body style but decided not to waste the money... This will be her learner bike and I'll bump her up to a 400EX or a 450R soon enough, plus she didn't really care which body work it had.. When she's done with it, this bike will turn into a beater bike for the nieces and my Buddy's kids to ride.

I have a set of rims off of a Z400 for it, the rear offset is wider then the stock EX rims, so I'm not sure if I'm going to flip the fronts or get some spacers... More than likely I'll just flip them, it's free.

I want to find a K&N filter and an exhaust for it (slip-on or full)... I haven't seen to much on eBay in the form of used so I'm still looking. I did find a Dyno Jet kit brand new in the box for $13 bucks on eBay a little while ago. That's sitting in the tool box waiting...

hondariderdylan
08-26-2010, 06:39 PM
i would love to see a 250 build:cool:

pitbiker2269
08-26-2010, 07:32 PM
yeah i want to see a 250 build also. i flipped the front rims and it made the quad more stable and like you said its free so y not.

Baileygunns
08-29-2010, 06:07 PM
I'll do something... Just waiting on the frame to get back. Powder coater said some time this week...